The flashbacks are coming, the flashbacks are coming! Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive new still from the second episode of The Originals, titled House Of The Rising Son (EP102).
This time we’re going back to the 1800s, and from the looks of things Klaus wasn’t any mellower back then. The accompanying article also has some hints about the episode. Is it October yet?!
The episode, titled “House of the Rising Son,” finds Rebekah (Claire Holt) arriving in New Orleans at the insistence of good brother Elijah (Daniel Gillies) and worrying that bad brother Klaus is up to no good. Klaus, of course, is scheming against his former-protégé-turned-rival Marcel for control of the French Quarter in the present day, and Marcel has his own dangerous plan afoot.
In the latest video interview from the CW, Claire Holt talks about Rebekah’s relationships with Klaus and Elijah and how they inform the decisions that she makes going into The Originals.
Having a rough Monday? These ought to cheer you up! Zap2it has some new pics from The Originals. There are pictures of individual characters and a couple group shots. Each picture is accompanied by a few little tidbits about the upcoming series. We can’t wait!
The CW has released season one key art for The Originals, which will premiere on October 3rd at 9/8c before moving to its normal Tuesday timeslot. Click on the small version below to see the full-sized image in our gallery! That’s . . . quite some decorating Marcel is doing there, isn’t it now?
Between San Diego Comic-Con, TCA, and general summer distractions, some things inevitably fall through the cracks, so let’s catch up on some news and interviews we’ve missed in the past week or two. And never fear: Things will be gearing back up soon, as we’re only about seven weeks away from the joint premiere night for The Vampire Diaries and The Originals on the CW on October 3rd at 8/7c and 9/8c, respectively. (The Originals will then move to its normal Tuesday timeslot.)
- Julie Plec on Syncing Up THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and THE ORIGINALS, and Retelling THE ORIGINALS’ Backdoor Pilot [Give Me My Remote]
- Moving On Out! Claire Holt Reflects on Transitioning From THE VAMPIRE DIARIES to THE ORIGINALS [The TV Addict]
- THE ORIGINALS: Joseph Morgan on the ‘Incredibly Rewarding Opportunity’ to Further Explore Klaus [Give Me My Remote]
- The Originals Scoop: All My Children Star Cast as Wild and Sexy Witch Leader [E!Online]
- The Showrunner Chronicles: Julie Plec Talks THE ORIGINALS and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES [The TV Addict]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Kat Graham on Bonnie’s Costly Sacrifice and Season 5 Hints (Video) [The Hollywood Reporter]
The news and interviews just keep on coming! Here’s the latest on tonight’s episode (and backdoor pilot) The Originals (EP420).
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘TVD’ star Daniel Gillies talks Katherine, Showtime acquiring his directorial debut, and his next film
- Give Me My Remote: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Julie Plec Teases THE ORIGINALS Backdoor Spinoff, Potential Crossovers, and More
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’: Claire Holt on Rebekah’s ‘Originals’ Dilemma and a Finale ‘Shocker’
- TV Fanatic: Joseph Morgan Talks The Originals, Klaus vs. Marcel, Potential for Klaroline and More!
- TVLine: Vampire Diaries’ Claire Holt Previews The Originals’ Dark Debut and a Finale Surprise
- The Wall Street Journal Blog: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Joseph Morgan on the Spinoff ‘The Originals’
Two of the Original siblings discussing a third – always fun. Check out this exclusive webclip from E!Online.
The Vampire Diaries returns with its final stretch of Season 4 episodes next week, starting with Pictures of You (EP419) on Thursday, April 18th. Here’s a clip featuring Caroline, Bonnie, Elena, Rebekah, and some beautiful prom dresses. We’re getting closer to the Season 4 finale!
There may not be a new Vampire Diaries episode tonight, but that doesn’t mean the CW can’t tease the show’s return. ET Online has our first look at a special poster for The Originals (EP420) backdoor pilot, set to air Thursday, April 25th.
In New Orleans, the air is thick with blood…
That’s The CW’s tease for The Originals, the April 25 episode of The Vampire Diaries that also serves as a backdoor pilot for a spinoff revolving around Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah!
The poster features Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and new character Marcel, played by Charles Michael Davis.
There’s been a lot of talk about The Originals spinoff, which gets its setup in the April 25th episode of The Vampire Diaries. Check out these new photos exclusively from Entertainment Weekly. Keep an eye out for Claire Holt, Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Phoebe Tonkin, along with some new faces, too. Quotes from Julie Plec put the photos in context and explain the situation in New Orleans. Fingers crossed that the episode is well received and The Originals goes to series, we’re pretty sure we could handle twice the vampires, witches, werewolves and hybrids every week.