And here’s Arielle Kebbel with the final TVD Rehash of Season 4: Graduation (EP423)!
Well, a lot certainly went down at Thursday night’s Graduation (EP423). Need to see it again? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon or iTunes. US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
We apologize for the delay – iTunes was apparently too busy thinking about all the episode’s twists to make it available in a timely manner.
In case you missed ‘em:
A couple more post-mortems for you, this time from Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide. Julie Plec answers questions about the season four finale and what might be up next for season five. Lots of Katherine-related Q&A in these, enjoy!
Spoiler alert for Graduation (EP423).
I think we’ll be seeing a bit more of Katherine. As always, we have to be careful with overworking the hardest-working woman in show business, Nina Dobrev. There’s so much fun to be had with seeing this nasty, manipulative, fearless, undefeatable Katherine suddenly finding herself vulnerable, killable. It may be time to pay some of the price for all the crappy things she’s done to other people over the last 500 years.
Can you imagine a time Elena and Katherine could ever find common ground?
Plec: You know I actually think that if they ever sat down and had a bottle of wine and a bag of chips they’d probably realize they have a lot more in common than they think. But they have a lot of hate and bitterness and altogether bad blood there so it might take a couple of bags of chips and a case of wine.
On The Originals front, the upcoming series made ET‘s list of 10 Most Promising New Fall TV Shows! The nod also included special praise for Charles Michael Davis as Marcel:
Unlike all the other entries this year, we’ve already seen an episode of The Originals since The CW tested it out with a backdoor pilot episode of TVD. Not only did the familiar faces dazzle in this new setting, but Charles Michael Davis is a star-in-the-making and a ferocious foe for Klaus to tangle with.
WARNING: If you have not watched last night’s Vampire Diaries season finale yet, do not click as spoilers and speculation galore await beyond.
E!Online and Zap2It talked with Julie Plec about the various threads resolved and presented in the finale and what that means as we head into Season 5 (!!!).
We’ve just gotten started talking about season five, but one of the things we’re talking about is definitely learning more about the history of the Salvatore family. I would say that at this point the things we don’t know yet are fair game.
It’s been a rough few years for Damon when it comes to his love life — but Julie tells us it’s finally time for him to have some legitimate joy in his life. “Yes. Absolutely,” she says. “We’re going to get to see Damon trying to be a good boyfriend, and while it’s not going to be easy, he’s going to try like hell to make it work, and they’re going to have a real opportunity for happiness.”
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|Bon Jovi “You Give Love A Bad Name”|
|Delta Rae “Dance In The Graveyards”|
|Olivia Broadfield “Gone”|
|Cary Brothers “Belong”|
|Liz Lawrence “When I Was Younger”|
|S. Carey “In The Stream”|
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
It’s that time of year again, the day we can’t wait for and dread at the same time. Season finale time. This episode promises to be one hell of an adventure after everything being turned upside down last week. Who will take the cure? Will everyone manage to actually graduate? And, most importantly, will we survive the Summer hiatus?
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post.
CANADA, we are sorry to remind you that CTV and MuchMusic have delayed the finale until next week. CTV will be airing the episode on the 23rd, and MuchMusic will be airing it on the 24th. If you receive a CW affiliate, you can watch it tonight as usual.
Quick guide to the poll: A graduating class in Mystic Falls! Who ever believed that this day would come?
5 Caps = LOVE, 1 Cap = MEH.
More from the green carpet: Wetpaint TV interviews Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Arielle Kebbel. A few hints about tonight’s episode, beware of spoilers.
E!Online caught up with Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder on the CW Upfront green carpet to talk about tonight’s sure-to-be jaw-dropping Vampire Diaries Season 4 finale.
“The experience of reading that script for the first time in our read-through, I’ve never gone through that in my entire life,” [Nina Dobrev] tells us. “I literally started sobbing uncontrollably as I was reading it.”
Well, here we are again. It feels like the year went quickly: it’s season finale day already, and hey, the kids are graduating! Graduation (EP423) airs tonight on the CW at 8/7c. Candice Accola even recorded a song to celebrate the occasion:
In case you missed the big news earlier today, the CW announced its fall schedule. We’ve also got official descriptions for the upcoming seasons of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, plus an Originals poster and clip.
Prepare Yourself for Graduation:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch another promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
Miss a post this week?
- CW Upfront: Arrival Photos of The Vampire Diaries & The Originals Casts
- TV Fanatic Chats with Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies & Claire Holt at CW Upfront (VIDEO)
- TVD Season 4 Finale Day: Superlatives, Cure Questions and Pop Culture Trivia
- The Originals Poster & Clip + CW Fall 2013/2014 Season Preview Reel
- New Webclip From Graduation (EP423) (VIDEO)
- Official Descriptions for The Originals Season 1 & The Vampire Diaries Season 5
- CW Fall Schedule: The Originals on Tuesdays at 8; TVD Stays on Thursdays
- Julie Plec Previews Graduation (EP423 – Season Finale!) at TV Guide & E!Online (AUDIO)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Walking Dead (EP422)
- Logo for The Originals (Premiering Fall 2013)
- Love You To Death 4: Double the Authors! Triple the Interviews! And 100% More Silas!
- TVD Rehash with Arielle Kebbel: The Walking Dead (EP422)
- New Webclip from Graduation (EP423) via Entertainment Weekly (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: The Walking Dead (EP422) – The End Is Nigh
- Friday Night Bites, May 4-10: New Babies, New Shows & More
- Zap2It Exclusive: NEW Extended Promo for Graduation (EP423 – Season 4 Finale)
- Episode Downloads for The Walking Dead (EP422)
- Complete Songlist for The Walking Dead (EP422)
- Extended Promo for Graduation (EP423 – Season 4 Finale!)
- Short Promo for Graduation (EP423 – Season 4 Finale!)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – The Walking Dead (EP422)
- More Julie Plec Interviews: Hollywood Reporter, TV Guide & Zap2It
TV Fanatic caught up with Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies and Claire Holt on the CW Upfront green carpet this morning.
Joseph and Daniel discuss The Originals and hopes for their characters as they move forward:
And Claire Holt talks The Originals pick-up, Rebekah, and tonight’s Vampire Diaries finale: