Happy Thanksgiving to all our American readers! Because of the holiday, the CW is airing a rerun tonight: Growing Pains (EP401) will be on at 8/7c. New episodes return next week!
Episode refresher course:
Miss a post this week?
- Charlie Bewley & Camille Guaty to Appear on The Vampire Diaries
- Vampire Diaries Cast Plays Shag, Marry, Stake at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- New Stills From We’ll Always Have Bourbon Street (EP408) via TV Overmind
- Episode Downloads for We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes (EP406)
- Extended Promo for My Brother’s Keeper (EP407 – TVD Returns 11/29!)
- Complete Songlist for We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes (EP406)
- Short Promo for My Brother’s Keeper (EP407 – TVD Returns 11/29!)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes (EP406)
- EW & Zap2It Interviews with Candice Accola
- People’s Choice Awards 2013 Finals: Vote for The Vampire Diaries & Cast!
Previously on The Vampire Diaries, everything was going wrong for everyone all at once. Pretty much every character on the show had something go horribly wrong during this episode, and it’s safe to say that Growing Pains kicked off Season 4 with a bang. Need to brush up on the details before tuning in tomorrow night? We’ve got you covered with recaps galore!
Our show is back! And in true Vampire Diaries form, this was an episode packed to the brim — dealing with last season’s cliffhangers, introducing a baddie in Mystic Falls, and transitioning into this new era for Elena.
Well. That was quite some season premiere, huh? Need to see Growing Pains (EP401) again? You’re in luck: US fans can now download the episode from iTunes or Amazon, and UK fans can download from iTunes. And remember, US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download Growing Pains:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction post & poll: Growing Pains (EP401)
- Short Promo for Memorial (EP402)
- Extended Promo for Memorial (EP402)
- Complete Songlist for Growing Pains (EP401)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
Long time, no see, Vampire Diaries fans! That was one long summer hiatus, but we survived it, and we’re ready for a brand new episode. So settle down (but don’t get too comfortable, as you’re bound to be on the edge of your seats before the end) and get ready to find out just what the Fates have in store for Elena and the rest of the gang.
Once you’ve seen it and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. Because the forums are no more, all discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post. Just remember, beware of spoilers if you haven’t seen the episode yet!
Quick guide to the poll options: Everyone likes to document how their height changes as they grow. We figure a ruler will be big enough for Elena to measure those sharp, new fangs she’ll be sporting! 5 rulers = LOVE, 1 ruler = MEH.
Need some more things to keep you occupied this afternoon? Okay! Head over to Zap2it to read what Candice Accola and Joseph Morgan have to say about what’s coming up for their characters and whether Caroline will ever change her mind about Klaus. (Warning: The article is a little spoilery, though what we’re quoting is not.)
“I think that everyone has a dark side,” Candice says. “And I’m not just quoting Kelly Clarkson’s song… but it’s true. Especially in young relationships, you do compromise yourself, and you do compromise your thoughts and your morals and your beliefs, and not just pertaining to young relationships, but I think that’s more common in young relationships. I don’t know if I necessarily see Klaus compromising too much… I think there’s definitely a possibility that we could see Caroline compromise herself for a relationship.”
Last but not least, go tell Give Me My Remote about your premiere-watching plans and enter to win a CW Thursday Night Swag Pack full of Vampire Diaries and Beauty and the Beast goodies.
HEY LOOK! WE MADE IT! Our long national nightmare is over: The Vampire Diaries returns for season four in just a few hours with Growing Pains (EP401), airing on the CW at 8/7c. Since we no longer have a forum for discussion, please feel free to talk about your excitement about the premiere in the comments here, and then discuss the episode itself in the reaction poll post tonight! We’re also looking for good discussion topics to feature here on the blog, so please let us know your ideas for those – or any other feedback about what you’d like to see on the site this season in general – in the comments. And while we’re on the topic, a reminder: The comments are a much happier place if everyone remains civil. Negative opinions of aspects of the show itself are fine; personal insults or anything denigrating anyone nonfictional (actors, writers, other fans, etc.) are not acceptable.
Prepare Yourself for Growing Pains:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the season 4 promo
- Watch the UK promo
- Watch the webclip
- And another webclip
Miss a post this week?
- Caroline Dries Previews Season Premiere via The New York Post+ 5 Things To Know About #TVDS4 via The TV Chick
- TVD Cast On Their Characters’ Biggest Challenges via MTV
- 12th Century Elijah & Klaus via EW + More Interviews (VIDEOS)
- Season 4 Promo Portrait: Stefan
- Julie Plec Talks Triangle & Transition + Vampire Diaries Bite at TV Guide (VIDEO)
- CW Interview with Ian Somerhalder (VIDEO)
- Paul Wesley Plays Vampire or Werewolf? + Ian Somerhalder & Torrey DeVitto Talk Season 4 (VIDEO)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Departed (EP322)
- Official Synopsis for The Five (EP404)
- Season 4 Promo Portrait: Jeremy
- Exclusive Pic of New Hunter Connor From TV Line & Interviews Galore!
- More Season 4 Promo Portraits: Matt, Bonnie, Rebekah & Elijah
- TV Guide Interview with Ian Somerhalder (VIDEO)
- Ian Somerhalder on Damon, Elena and Season 4 via Zap2it (VIDEO)
- TV Guide Magazine’s Fan Favorites Cover Poll: Vote for The Vampire Diaries!
- TV Guide Interview with Candice Accola (VIDEO)
- Another Interview Round-Up: Julie, Nina, Ian, Zach & Daniel
- More Season 4 Promo Art: Caroline, Tyler & Klaus
- CW Interview with Nina Dobrev (VIDEO)
- New Growing Pains trailer from ITV2
- Friday Night Bites, Sept 28 – Oct 5: Contest Winners, Glamor/Glamour & Get Primeval
- EW Exclusive Full Cast Photo + Official Stills for The Rager (EP403)
Caroline Dries spoke with The New York Post about tonight’s season premiere. As we know, a big issue in tonight’s episode is Elena’s new condition and where the characters go from where we left off in the Season 3 finale.
Caroline Dries gives us some info about the general themes in tonight’s episode, so beware of spoilers if you’re trying to go in totally blind.
“Elena has made it very clear she does not want to be a vampire — she thinks it’s the worst thing that could happen to her,” Dries says.
The TV Chick has 5 things to know about Season 4, and we feel obliged to pass on #5, especially:
So many emotions: Prepare yourselves, folks. Get your tissue boxes ready. The first two episodes have some moments in them that made me tear up the way Parenthood does on a regular basis. The first two episodes of the season are some of the best storytelling of the entire series, and they contain some of the most emotionally resonant moments of the series. Don’t say I didn’t warn you properly.
As if tonight’s season premiere wasn’t enough, Entertainment Weekly has revealed the first glimpse of Klaus and Elijah in 12th century garb (and hair!). In the accompanying video, costume designer Leigh Leverett talks about her style choices, and which character’s look was deliberately altered a bit from the period norm.
“I look at research from the period and find the best styles… that I think fit our show,” Leverett says about the three costumes she created for the episode. “We actually built all of this in our tailor shop.”
We’ve also got a few more interviews and goodies to help tide you over until tonight:
- VIDEO INTERVIEW: Julie Plec (Executive Producer) from The Vampire Diaries via the TV Chick
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Pic: Klaus Hits His Breaking Point On Season Premiere via Hollywood Life
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Kat Graham Teases Season 4 Will ‘Blow Your Mind’ via Give Me My Remote