- Well, hello, Mr. Sharman. Thanks to Papa Mikaelson, Sebastian Roche, for sharing this photo of himself and new Originals witch Daniel Sharman. If you weren’t already a fan of his from Teen Wolf, I invite you to get acquainted with the Brit and his bone structure. [sebroche]
- The Eastend Film Festival channel has a trailer for Joseph Morgan’s film, Dermaphoria. Hi, Walton Goggins! [YouTube]
- Congratulations to Joseph Morgan & Persia White, who confirmed that they are engaged! [E! Online]
- Kat Graham shared a gorgeous and very slightly spoilery behind-the-scenes picture from finale filming. [Instagram]
- Paul Wesley took part in Entertainment Weekly’s Prom Confessional video. [EW]
- Nina Dobrev and Phoebe Tonkin would like to wish you “Happy Upfronts.” [Instagram]
- Speaking of upfronts, check out all the CW fashion. [Go Fug Yourself]
- Just Jared put Steven R. McQueen in their spotlight this week. [JustJared]
Miss a post this week?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: Home (EP522 – Season Finale)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Home (EP522)
- The Vampire Diaries Adds Series Regular for Season 6
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Home (EP522 – Season Finale)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Home (EP522 – Season Finale) Airs at 8/7c
- The Originals In Review: From a Cradle to a Grave (EP122) – Hope
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Promised Land (EP521)
- Caroline Dries Previews The Vampire Diaries: Home (EP522 – Season Finale!) at TV Guide
- The CW’s Fall 2014 Schedule – Vampire Diaries Stays Put; Originals to Monday
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: From a Cradle to a Grave (EP122)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: From a Cradle to a Grave (EP122 – Season Finale)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – From a Cradle to a Grave (EP122)
- The Originals: New Webclip (VIDEO)
- TVD: New Webclip (VIDEO) via TV Guide
- TONIGHT – The Originals: From a Cradle to a Grave (EP122 – Season Finale) Airs at 8/7c
- Previously On The Originals: The Battle Of New Orleans (EP121)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Promised Land (EP521) – One Move Left
Another webclip from Resident Evil (EP518). This one features Bonnie and Jeremy. Just a few more days to wait!
E!Online has an exclusive new TVD webclip from Gone Girl (EP514), which airs Thursday, March 6 at 8/7c. Enjoy!
- Nina Dobrev posted this photo with NASCAR star Jeff Gordon from the Daytona 500.
- David Anders has been cast in iZombie, a new CW pilot from Veronica Mars scribes Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero. Anders will play the show’s bad guy, Blaine. [Deadline]
- Ian Somerhalder announced that his IS Foundation is launching a grant program to help animals in need of urgent medical care. [RYOT.org]
- Ian will also be the Celebrity Monarch at the 20th Mystic Krewe of Mardi Paws event in Mandeville, Louisiana on March 9th. [Nola.com]
- Steven R. McQueen attended the Abercrombie & Fitch Making of a Star Spring Campaign Party. Just Jared Jr has photos. [JustJaredJr]
- Entertainment Weekly talked to Malese Jow about her role on Star-Crossed. [EW]
- Sean Faris, who played Ben back in Season 1 of TVD, has been cast on the new spinoff, Supernatural: Tribes. He’ll play a werewolf named Julian, joining Nathaniel Buzolic, who was announced as one of the show’s leads last week. [Deadline]
- Also joining Buzolic & Faris on Supernatural: Tribes will be Stephen Martines, who played Frederick on TVD. [Deadline]
- CelebTV talked to Kat Graham & Kelly Hu about their favorite hair and makeup looks. [CelebTV]
Miss a post this week?
- Episode Downloads for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515)
- The Originals In Review: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114) – A Wholly Ineffective Endeavor
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: Gone Girl (EP515)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – No Exit (EP514)
- More TVD: No Exit (EP514) Previews with Caroline Dries at Alloy & Hollywood Life
- Caroline Dries Previews No Exit (EP514) at TVLine & TV Guide
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse Of The Heart (EP513)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514) Airs at 8/7c
- Official Stills for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- The Vampire Diaries Nominated for 2014 Saturn Award
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Moon Over Bourbon Street (EP117)
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- CW Sets Season Finale Dates for The Vampire Diaries & The Originals
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Short Promo for The Originals: Le Grand Guignol (EP115)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Joseph Morgan Talks Originals Return with E!Online + THR
- TVLine Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Join EW’s Live Google+ Hangout with Claire Holt Today at 6pm ET/3pm PT
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114) Airs at 8/7c
- TV Guide: Joseph Morgan Teases Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Previously On The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Another Webclip for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Paul Wesley loves Daniel Gillies as much as we do. [Twitter]
- Ian Somerhalder will be the co-grand marshal of the largest Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. Entertainment Weekly has a look at the TVD beads he’ll be handing out. [EW]
- Nina Dobrev looked sporty and adorable at the DirectTV Celebrity Beach Bowl last weekend. [E! Online]
- The TVD love triangle is included in E! Online’s TV Love Triangle Poll for Valentine’s Day. Winner gets bragging rights? [E! Online]
- Steven R. McQueen is modeling in Abercrombie & Fitch’s Spring Campaign. [E! Online]
- Valentine’s Day ISF t-shirts are up for sale over at The Vanity Project. [thevanityproject.org]
- Lauren Cohan will voice a character on the FX series, Archer. [TV Fanatic]
- Joseph Morgan talked to Fear Net about his horror film, Armistice. [Fearnet.com]
- Leah Pipes talked to US Weekly about her recent engagement. Congrats to Leah & AJ! [US Weekly]
- Daniella Pineda has lined up her next role, a series regular on the upcoming NBC series, Odyssey. [Zap2It]
- Kat Graham walked the runway as part of The Red Dress Collection at New York Fashion Week to raise awareness of heart disease. [USA Today]
- According to Variety, Phoebe Tonkin is “in talks” to co-star in the movie thriller, Take Down, with Jeremy Sumpter. I’ve got my eye on you, JD McCoy. [Variety]
- The CW has a video interview with Malese Jow about her new show, Star Crossed, and her character, Julia. [YouTube]
Miss a post this week?
- The Originals In Review: Crescent City (EP113) – By Choice or By Force
- Extended Promo for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Complete Songlist for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Short Promo for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: No Exit (EP514)
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Vampire Diaries – Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: The Devil Inside (EP512)
- TONIGHT – The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513) Airs at 8/7c
- The Originals: Crescent City (EP113) Post-Mortems with Julie Plec
- Episode Downloads for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Complete Songlist for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Extended Promo for The Originals: Long Way Back from Hell (EP114)
- Promo: The Originals Returns February 25th (VIDEO)
- Reaction Post & Poll: The Originals – Crescent City (EP113)
- TV Guide Exclusive Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- TONIGHT – The Originals: Crescent City (EP113) Airs at 8/7c
- Webclip for The Vampire Diaries: Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513)
- Previously on the Originals: Dance Back From The Grave (EP112)
- Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Preview The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Webclip for The Originals: Crescent City (EP113)
- Vampire Diaries In Review: The Devil Inside (EP512) – It’s Done
OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on [spoiler]Katherine’s Shocking Fate[/spoiler]: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, [spoiler]Katherine’s Plan[/spoiler] and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down [spoiler]the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist[/spoiler] and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, [spoiler]Crafty Katherine[/spoiler] and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
The CW has released a webclip for the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), which will air on Thursday, January 23rd.
- I’m pretty jealous of Steven McQueen hanging out with Gary Oldman. [McQueeninchains]
- Looks like Kat Graham got a new furry friend for Hanukkah, courtesy of her fiance. [katgrahampics]
- Kat talked to Just Jared about a broad range of topics, including on set pranks, her wedding, and her celebrity crush. [JustJared]
- Kat and her fiance rang the bell at the NASDAQ MarketSite. [Zimbio]
- DoSomething.org put Ian Somerhalder on their list of Top 20 Celebs Gone Good of 2013. [dosomething.org]
- Not even a cheese hat can dampen Charles Michael Davis’ smolder. [charlesmd]
- E! News named Paul Wesley their Hottie of the Year. [ENews]
- Daniel Gillies talked to Huffington Post Canada about season 3 of Saving Hope and also answers a couple questions about The Originals. [HuffPo]
- Happy New Year from Joseph Morgan & Persia White. [JosephMorgan]
- Leah Pipes stuns in the current issue of Glamoholic. [Glamoholic.com]
- Taylor Kinney’s new film, The Other Woman, has a new trailer. It stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, and Kate Upton. [YouTube]
Miss a post over the holidays?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: Apres Moi, le Déluge (EP111)
- Official Synopsis for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TVGN to Air The Originals Marathon on Sat, January 11th
- Official Stills for The Vampire Diaries: 500 Years of Solitude (EP511)
- TONIGHT – Vampire Diaries: The Cell (EP509 Encore) Airs at 8/7c
- Mid-season Poll: Favorite Episode of The Vampire Diaries Season 5 (So Far)?
- Mid-season Poll: What’s Your Favorite Episode of The Originals Season 1 (So Far)?
- Official Synopsis for The Originals: The Casket Girls (EP110)
- Enter the CW’s #PickMeTVD Contest! (VIDEO)