Just over a week until The Vampire Diaries returns to our television screens on Thursday, October 3rd, and critics who have seen the premiere are tossing fans a handful of teases.
If you’re avoiding spoilers like the plague, click on these at your own risk!
- 5 ‘TVD’ Season 5 Premiere Teases [ETonline]
- A Threesome! Swoon-worthy Silas! 5 Teases from The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Premiere [TV Guide]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ preview: 10 Teases from ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ [Examiner]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: 10 Teasers From the Season Five Premiere! [Just Jared Jr.]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 premiere: Sexy Delena happiness, Matt’s transformation, and 8 more spoilers [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Premiere Spoiler Bomb: So. Much. Kissing. And 6 More Teases! [E!Online]
- The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: One Threesome, Two Deaths [TV Fanatic]
There’s more than one love triangle in Mystic Falls . . . and you should head over to The Insider to see the rest of their exclusive promo picture of Caroline, Tyler, and Klaus.
And hey, ready to check in with Caroline’s other (former?) love interest? The Examiner talked to Zach Roerig about what he’d like to see for Matt in season 4.
“He’s got Elena; he’s got the number one bodyguard in the world, now that she’s a vampire, and she’ll look out for him. But I would like to see Matt play a more dominant role in the show as far as being a physical presence and whatever that is. Being aggressive and doing all of that stuff is really fun.”
Kat Graham has been doing some interviews teasing what’s coming up for Bonnie in season four, and it sounds like things will be intense. At Give Me My Remote, she talks a bit about the premiere, Growing Pains (EP401). “The first episode back was like being thrown into a pit of alligators.” And she says Bonnie’s getting a lot to do this season: “Right now it feels like Christmas.”
And over at The Examiner, she talks about Bonnie’s reaction to new character Professor Shane:
“If I had one word to describe when she feels when she sees Shane, it would be intrigued. This is a very educated person, and the last person that really knew what they were talking about when it came to anything really about the witch culture and all of that was her grandmother. She’s basically had to teach herself Witch 101.”
We’re guessing you may have a lot of questions and feelings after last night’s emotional and action-packed episode, Do Not Go Gentle (EP320). Luckily, Julie Plec and several cast members did a Q&A with critics and journalists after a screening of the episode earlier in the week, so there are plenty of articles for you to read. Warning: These ALL have spoilers through Do Not Go Gentle (EP320), as well as hints about the last two episodes of the season, so read at your own risk! We’re serious!
- E!Online: Vampire Diaries Post-Mortem: Find Out What’s Next After Tonight’s Heartbreaking Episode + a bit of scoop in Spoiler Chat Daily
- Examiner: Julie Plec previews ‘The Vampire Diaries’ final two episodes
- The Futon Critic: Interview: “The Vampire Diaries” Executive Producer Julie Plec
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Julie Plec on the [spoiler]Alaric[/spoiler] Twist and the Triangle Complications
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’: Mystic Falls Says [spoiler]Goodbye to a Beloved Character[/spoiler] (Almost)
- Hollywood.com: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Producer On Tonight’s Tragedy
- KSiteTV: Vampire Diaries “Do Not Go Gentle Post-mortem: Julie Plec & the Cast Talk About the Episode & What’s Next
- The TV Addict: THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Post Mortem: EP Julie Plec and Stars Candice Accola, Michael Trevino, Steven R. McQueen, and Zach Roerig React to Thursday’s Cliffhanger and Tease What’s Ahead!
- TV Guide: Vampire Diaries Boss Answers Questions about [spoiler]“Hardcore” Alaric,[/spoiler] the Finale Flashback and More
- TVLine: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Tonight’s Big Cliffhanger and What’s Next!
- Zap2it: ‘The Vampire Diaries’: [spoiler]Alaric’s[/spoiler] fate revealed plus 10 things to know
A select number of media outlets were invited to a round table interview with Vampire Diaries’ Michael Trevino today and he had some very interesting things to say about recent developments between Tyler and Caroline and…someone else, the lengths Tyler is willing to go to set things right in tomorrow night’s episode, and even who he’d like to see Tyler hook up with should he and Caroline be on the outs forever. Read (and watch!) the entire interviews at the below websites, but be cautioned there are spoilers for The New Deal (EP310), Our Town (EP311) and The Ties That Bind (EP312).
“At the end of last week’s episode we find out that as much free will as Tyler thinks he has, that sire bond is really a lot stronger than anybody could have imagined, so much so that [spoiler]he literally bites Caroline.[/spoiler] But unwillingly. He’s as shocked as her. He’s like ‘How did I do that? Why did I do that?’ The sire bond is something not to be taken lightly,” Trevino says.
“It’s possible [there is no way to break the sire bond],” Trevino teased. “We don’t know for sure, but we know there are steps we have to do to get to that if you want to try. And it’s not the easiest process, but Tyler’s going to try.”
He’s ready for a fight with Klaus if it comes down to it. “I would like a showdown. I know Julie [Plec] would write something epic. It’d be really good. Plus, just for me, with any kind of showdown, it’s great to work with a great actor, and Joseph’s pretty solid,” he jokes.
So many things will definitely be changing for Mystic Falls’ number two hybrid, but Trevino assured EW that one essential thing would always remain the same: “Tyler is shirtless [tomorrow night], believe it or not,” he laughed. “Tyler is shirtless.”
Joseph Morgan was at the TCA Press Tour yesterday, so he’s going to be popping up here on the blog a lot today – but after Our Town (EP311), we kind of doubt you’ll object to that. Danielle Turchiano at The Examiner has a great interview with Joseph about the way Klaus’s character is evolving as the series progresses:
“You know, I think the more we go into this series, the more we’re going to see more layers to [Klaus],” Morgan pointed out. “So certainly there’s a– I wouldn’t say softer, but a more caring side, a more tender side, a more human side that we’re going to see. I don’t think it’s a front that he puts on; I think it’s a switch. I think it’s a choice to say ‘I’m going to tear your head off,’ and it’s in a heartbeat that he switches, you know? It’s really one of the frightening things to a sociopath, which I believe he is. I don’t know that I believe he’s growing in that direction, I just think we’re seeing more. He’s been in Mystic Falls long enough that maybe he’s letting more people in that he didn’t let in before.”
Zap2it has an interview with Joseph Morgan as well, but we don’t want to risk spoiling those of you who haven’t seen last night’s episode yet. Let’s just say that Joseph had some interesting comments on Klaus’s many motives!