Get your retro sixties outfits and dancing shoes ready: We’re inching closer to the September 15 premiere with tonight’s repeat of season two’s episode eighteen, The Last Dance.
Episode refresher course:
- Reaction post & poll
- Complete songlist
- Discuss the episode
- Crissy Calhoun’s recap: Whatever It Takes
Miss a post this week?
- New CW Teen Choice Promo (Includes Season 3 Scenes!)
- Season 3 Premiere Title Revealed + First Official Still
- Ian Somerhalder Teases Zap2it About Damon’s Birthday Gift to Elena
- Casting News: Mystic Falls Has Its New Vampire Hunter + EW’s Behind the Scenes Photos
- Crissy Calhoun at FanExpo Canada in Toronton, August 25-28
- Ripping Open TVD: Stefan Is Not Boring, Unless Boring Means Awesome
- Entertainment Weekly’s Behind the Scenes Feature on Vampire Diaries Season 3
- Casting News: Claire Holt to Play Stefan’s Ex
- Zap2it Interviews Vampire Diaries Stars at the Teen Choice Awards (VIDEO)
- Kat Graham Talks Fashion & Witchcraft at the Teen Choice Awards (VIDEO)
- Kevin Williamson: Damon & Elena Are “Defining Their Roles”
- Michael Trevino & Kat Graham Thank Fans for Teen Choice Awards (VIDEO)
- Michael Trevino Confirmed for Creation Entertainment’s Nashville Convention
- Teen Choice Awards Cast Portraits: Kat, Nina, Michael, Paul & Ian
- Vote for Michael Trevino in the ALMA Awards
- TWoP Tubey Awards Finals Round 3: More Noms for Vampire Diaries
- LA Times’ Teen Choice Awards Interview with Ian Somerhalder (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries Cast Accepting Their Teen Choice Awards (VIDEO)
- Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder Presenting at 2001 Teen Choice Awards (VIDEO)
- Vampire Diaries & Cast Win Big at 2011 Teen Choice Awards!
- The Vampire Diaries Cast on the Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet, August 7
- Tonight: Watch the Teen Choice Awards at 8/7c on FOX!
- TV Guide Magazine at Comic Con 2001 (VIDEO)
- Friday Night Bites July 30-August 5: Movies, Makeup, & More
- TCA: Kevin Williamson Drops More TVD Season 3 Hints
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR MORE NEWS. Alright, Vampire Diaries fans, the time has come to put our votes in for our favorite episodes of Season 2. We ran one of these mid-season, prior to The Descent, with Masquerade, Rose, and Katerina handily winning the top three spots. Well, a lot happened following that mid-season break and this time we’re allowing you THREE votes for THREE episodes.
Let us know why they’re your favorites in the comments!
Only four episodes left ’til the Vampire Diaries season finale and the show wants you to suffer first, right? The Last Dance was a rollercoaster of conflict, physical and emotional. But it was also an episode that underscored our characters’ devotion to each other and we need that reinforcement heading into these last few eps. WE’RE SO TENSE, YOU GUYS. Also, as you read this, is Katherine still stabbing her leg? Inquiring minds! Get groovy with our recap round-up before the Big Bad makes his proper entrance in a Joseph Morgan suit tomorrow night.
Think there are some clever recaps we should check out? Hit us up in the comments.
Featured in this installment: ThinkHero, IGN, The CW Source, The Two Cents, The TV Watchtower, The Televixen, FearNET, TV.com, TV Goodness, iphignia939, Zap2It, Heroine TV, Off-Color TV, TV Overmind, Entertainment Weekly, Blast Magazine, The A.V. Club, L.A. Times, Television Without Pity, and our own Crissy Calhoun.
That was one well-decorated high school gymnasium. Mystic Falls loves to go all out for its many events but the only one from our gang who truly got into the spirit was Damon, dancing up a storm in his leather pants while the rest were as grim as if they headed to their own funeral — and with good reason.
The CW has posted more behind the scenes goodness in the Mystic Diaries series – two follow-up videos from Nina Dobrev and Zach Roerig. Both are from The Last Dance (EP218) filming and feature appearances by: Ian Somerhalder! Katerina Graham! Candice Accola! Marguerite MacIntryre! Various crew members! Paul Wesley’s back! And an awesome look at how the stunts and magic were pulled together for this episode. International fans can view these videos so click on the screencaps below to view over at the CW’s Vampire Diaries Lair.
Thanks to everyone who sent us a heads up: Trent Dabbs, the artist whose cover of Wayne Cochran’s “Last Kiss” was featured in The Last Dance (EP218), has made the track available as a free download. You can download the song by submitting your email in the widget below. The Vampire Diaries fandom thanks you, Mr. Dabbs. (See the complete songlist for The Last Dance.)
It’s the morning after The Last Dance (EP218) – everyone still intact? And did the final scene make you cheer? (We sure did.) According to TV by the Numbers, Vampire Diaries pulled in an average of 2.788 million viewers over the hour last night.
The CW’s The Vampire Diaries stayed at its season low 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
That’s steady with last week’s ratings, but we think we can do better, yeah? Roll on with the Original action next Thursday!
Thanks to everyone who participated in the PHILO Virtual Viewing Party last night! PHILO has announced the comment winner and will announce ALL of the prize winners shortly.
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction post & poll: The Last Dance (EP218)
- Complete songlist for The Last Dance (EP218)
- Extended promo for Klaus (EP219)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries‘ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!:
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|Patrick Stump “Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia)”|
|Kula Shaker “Hush”|
|The Mamas and the Papas “Dedicated to the One I Love”|
|Trent Dabbs “Last Kiss”||Download for free!|
|The Birthday Massacre “I Think We’re Alone Now”|
|The Manhattans “I Wanna Be (Your Everything)”|
|The Dollyrots “Dream Lover”|
This post is a sticky. Keep scrolling for more news.
There’s been so much speculation about what exactly is going to happen in this episode that we’ve driven ourselves slightly bonkers trying to decide which scenarios are most likely. Though it will all turn out to be for naught in the end, because (as last week’s episode taught us) Kevin and Julie like nothing more than to throw in the most unexpected twists to keep us all on our toes. Whatever happens, we’re almost sick with nerves and anticipation for what tonight will bring. Tissues and smelling salts at the ready, guys… we may need them.
We have a feeling that this episode is going to get quite a few reactions, and they will probably be very spoilery. If you don’t want to be spoiled, we suggest avoiding the comments on this post.
Watch and then swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. Spoilers are welcome in the comments, though if you want some more in-depth discussion then head on over to the forums! (You’ll need to register, but it takes two seconds.)
You can also participate in the chatroom, and we have a channel specifically for discussing the episode live – just type /join #tvdlivechat when you’re in the main chatroom. You don’t need to be a member of the forums to join in, just choose your nickname and start chatting.
Quick guide to the poll options: This week, we’re going with peace signs. Because we find the irony absolutely delicious. 5 Peace Signs = LOVE. 1 Peace Sign = MEH.
The CW’s San Diego affiliate has provided a little treat for Vampire Diaries fans in the form of a short – but funny – clip featuring Elena, Stefan and Damon. Smartphone users can watch it directly on YouTube.
Thanks to MiI2aCIe for the video!