THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
A moment of silence, if you will, in order to appreciate the fact that the Vampire Diaries is back, and we survived yet another godforsaken hiatus. We salute you, fandom, for your courage over the long weeks without our favourite TV show!
So get settled in (but not too comfortably, because we all know this show will have several moments where we’re on the edge of our seats), and get ready to find out just what this
deal with the devil New Deal is all about.
A reminder for UK fans: Earlier today, ITV2 tweeted that the show will be back in February. As soon as we get an exact date, we’ll let you know!
Watch and then swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. Spoilers are welcome in the comments, though if you want more in-depth discussion then head on over to the forums! (You’ll need to register, but it takes two seconds.)
And be sure to check out tonight’s brand new behind the scenes video at The Vampire Diaries Stakeout.
Quick guide to the poll options: We’d like to welcome Dr. Fell to Mystic Falls! Physician, be prepared to heal thyself, because odds of injury and death in this town are high. 5 stethoscopes = LOVE. 1 stethoscope = MEH.
We made it, fandom! The long, cold hiatus is over and it’s time for a brand new episode of The Vampire Diaries! Everything we’ve seen so far about The New Deal (EP310) suggests that tonight’s episode is going to be one heck of a ride. Hold on tight!
UK fans: We have some almost-news for you! Earlier today, ITV2 tweeted that the show will be back in February. As soon as we get an exact date, we’ll let you know!
Prepare Yourself for The New Deal
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the short promo
- Watch the preview by Julie Plec and Caroline Dries
- Watch Entertainment Weekly’s exclusive promo
Miss a post this week?
- E!Online Talks TVD’s Big Return with Kat Graham
- Julie Plec Teases Tyler & Caroline to TV Guide (AUDIO)
- Nina Dobrev to Appear at People’s Choice Awards
- Top 3 Moments of Vampire Diaries Season 3 (So Far): Price Peterson of TV.com
- Previously on The Vampire Diaries: Homecoming (EP309) Recap Round-Up
- TV Line: New Vampire Diaries Season 3 Promo Pics Featuring Ian, Paul, Nina & Joseph
- Julie Plec & Caroline Dries Preview The New Deal (EP310)
- More The New Deal (EP310) & TVD Return Teases: Zap2It, TV Line + More
- Entertainment Weekly’s Exclusive TVD Promo: Be The Better Villain (VIDEO)
- More New Stills From TV Overmind: “Our Town” (EP311)
- EW: Julie Plec on the Mysteries of Stefan
- New Stills From “The New Deal” (EP310) Via TV Overmind
- Friday Night Bites, December 24th-30th: Holiday Wishes & A New Music Video
- Official Synopsis for The Ties That Bind (EP312)
- More The New Deal (EP310) Previews + TV Guide Interview with Julie Plec
This week’s Vampire Diaries Bite from TV Guide includes some teases from Julie Plec about what’s coming up in Tyler and Caroline’s relationship. You can also read more about what to expect from tonight’s episode, but beware of spoilers!
Julie Plec and Caroline Dries sit down for a nice video preview of this week’s NEW episode of The Vampire Diaries, The New Deal (EP310).
Question: Joseph Morgan recently mentioned that he’d like to see Klaus have a love interest on Vampire Diaries. Is this happening anytime soon? —Amy
Ausiello: Morgan is getting his wish! While Plec wouldn’t tell us if the lucky (or maybe not so lucky?) lady is someone we’ve met before, she did confirm “someone will catch Klaus’ eye very soon.”
Zap2It has their own preview of this week’s episode, The New Deal (EP310):
We’ll find out much more about siring and what it means to Tyler that Klaus is his sire — he’ll even explain the key differences between compulsion and siring. (Sort of. Let’s just say the line is a little blurry.)
And TV.com‘s Price Peterson tweeted out a The New Deal tease that may interest fans of The Vampire Diaries book series:
This week’s ep of #TVD marks the first time I’ve ever regretted not reading the books.
Make of that what you will (and speculate in the comments)!
Entertainment Weekly has an exclusive first look at a new promo for the return of BRAND NEW episodes of The Vampire Diaries and hold on tight, TVD fans – things are getting intense. Head over to EW.com to see the new promo and tune in for The New Deal (EP310) on January 5th!
UPDATED with video!
Looks like TV Overmind has a last minute gift for Vampire Diaries fans! They’ve got a whole crowd of new stills from the new episode, and we’re just dying to see. Judging by the picture below, Jeremy is going to cowboy up (crossbow up?) for the second half of season 3.
UPDATE: Added stills to the Gallery.
One week out from the return of The Vampire Diaries on January 5th and there are teases galore about what we can expect from The New Deal (EP310) on January 5th. Following up KSiteTV‘s Ten Things About The New Deal from yesterday, TV Overmind and The Examiner’s TV Insider chime in with their own thoughts after previewing the full episode. Warning: Minor spoilers!
Jeremy angrily declares what may turn out to be true. After they all become aware of the lengths Klaus will go to in order to retrieve his family members, Jeremy wisely suggests they skip town. “None of us are gonna make it out of this town alive”, he concludes. One has to wonder whether that will turn out to be true in the end. With The Vampire Diaries, you never know.
The Examiner’s TV Insider: The Vampire Diaries’ The New Deal Spoilers
Strip a man– or a vampire, or a hybrid, whatever– of the ones he loves, and he spirals. What that looks like depends on the individual involved, and in the case of “The New Deal” and Klaus, it looks like sticking around Mystic Falls to torment and threaten, and yes, brood, until he gets what he wants. But he isn’t the only one spiraling when The Vampire Diaries returns.
And TV Guide‘s Robyn Ross chats with Executive Producer Julie Plec about that ever-present tension between Elena and Damon and how Elena herself will respond to new threats against her loved ones (and it may – or may not – surprise you.)
“Elena realizes that in order to survive and in order to protect the people she loves the most, sometimes she has to behave more like Katherine than Elena, and sometimes a dark choice needs to be made, a violent act needs to be enacted and it’s troubling for her,” Plec says. “So who is she really at her core? She’s clearly not the girl-next-door do-gooder, she never has been.”
Screeners for the January 5th episode of The Vampire Diaries, The New Deal (EP310), were sent to select TV bloggers/reporters today, and KSiteTV has a (mildly spoilery) preview of what TVD fans can expect when the show returns next week.
7. Shippers will be happy. Which shippers? The CW gods said not to tell… but I can say at least three fan-groups get to see their favorite characters interacting. The choice of names that Klaus lists as “Elena’s loved ones” is also particularly interesting. And some shippers might want to get their screen-capturing software handy.
We are officially just over two weeks away from the return of new Vampire Diaries episodes, so it’s time to get worried again! (Or maybe wait until after the holidays? Or do you like your anxiety peppermint-flavored?) All signs point to conflict among the various characters and factions in Mystic Falls, and while that may make for some tense television viewing, it also makes for fabulous television viewing, no? So as we plod through these last two weeks, feast on some teases in the meantime:
- Julie Plec tells TV Guide that someone’s future is “looking bleak” in Mystic Falls.
- And Julie tells TV Line that Our Town (EP311) is going to be a “big” episode for just about all of our favorite characters. There’s also good news if you’ve been hankering for another Salvatore fight.
- Via Zap2It, Julie talks Rebekah and Klaus.
- And E!Online’s Watch With Kristin has a tease about kissing and a departure.
It never gets old seeing The Vampire Diaries pop up on more Best of 2011 lists!
- The A.V. Club‘s writers vote The Vampire Diaries into the #22 slot on their Best TV of 2011 Top 30. “Embrace the crazy—it’s done properly on The Vampire Diaries.”
- Television Without Pity is piecing out their 2011 Year in Review: They pick the evolution of Ripper Stefan as one of 2011’s Memorable TV Moments. They also name-check Paul Wesley as one of the year’s Most Valuable Performers.
- The Vampire Diaries pops up everywhere in on various BuddyTV lists. First up, Homecoming (EP309) lands at #41 on the 50 Best TV Episodes of 2011 list. The Vampire Diaries #7 in 11 Best Returning Shows of 2011. On the 100 Reasons We Loved TV in 2011 list: Anna and Vicki returning in the Season 2 finale at #38 and the “death” of Matt at #75.
- Following up the TVD cast’s strong showing in BuddyTV‘s 100 Sexiest Men of 2011 list, the site shows the ladies some love in the TV’s 100 Sexiest Women of 2011: #55 Claire Holt, #43 Nina Dobrev, and #16 Candice Accola.
- Speaking of hot, you can vote for Ian Somerhalder as Hottest Male in Virgin Media‘s TV Awards.
- Environmental website Treehugger gives the Vampire Diaries cast a “hit” in their 7 Biggest Celebrity Hits and Misses of 2011 list.