Happy Wednesday. We here at Vampire-Diaries.net hope you’ve all gotten through Hurricane Sandy as well as possible, and send our best wishes for a quick recovery to those of you who have power outages or other damage. If you haven’t been affected, we urge you to donate or give blood to a legitimate relief organization like the Red Cross if you can. Some of our staff have been affected by the storm as well, so we’re keeping up around here as best as possible, but please forgive some slowness in posting. We don’t have the resources this week to put together our usual Previously post, so instead, here’s a round-up of the recaps we’ve found. If you have any we missed, feel free to add them in the comments. Thanks for understanding!
It’s so easy to forget that (most of) the Mystic Falls gang is still in high school, but The Rager reminded us of that with its mean girl battle, keg party, and…a super-strong vampire hunter on the loose.
Want to watch The Rager (EP403) again, or miss it the first time around? US fans can now download the episode from Amazon. For some reason, iTunes US and UK are both late in posting this one, but we’ll add it when it pops up! And remember, US fans can also watch the episode for free right now at the CW site.
Download The Rager:
Canadian fans can watch the episode over at the CTV website.
In case you missed ‘em:
- Reaction post & poll: The Rager (EP403)
- Short Promo for The Five (EP404)
- Extended Promo for The Five (EP404)
- Complete Songlist for The Rager (EP403)
Courtesy of Chris Mollere, Vampire Diaries’ music supervisor – follow him on Twitter!
Songs listed in order of appearance.
|The Lumineers “Ho Hey”|
|Santigold “Disparate Youth”|
|Wild Belle “Keep You”|
|Ladyhawke “Girl Like Me”|
|Grouplove “Don’t Say Oh Well”|
|Alex Clare “Too Close”|
THIS POST IS A STICKY. KEEP SCROLLING FOR NEW POSTS.
Connor the vampire hunter is going to attempt to lure Jeremy to the Dark Side (though they don’t have cookies, since Pastor Young exploded the oven), Damon seeks help from Meredith with one of his plans (what could possibly go wrong?), while Stefan and Elena decide to re-enact scenes from The Lost Boys on a motorcycle. This episode also sees the debut of Tyler’s werewolf pal Hayley, played by Phoebe Tonkin (aka the delectable Faye from The Secret Circle).
Once you’ve seen the episode and shaken yourself back to reality, swing by here to rate the new episode of The Vampire Diaries. All discussion about the episode is welcomed and encouraged in the comments of this post. Just remember, beware of spoilers if you haven’t seen the episode yet!
Quick guide to the poll options: Just how many vehicles do Stefan and Damon have stashed away in the boarding house, anyway? 5 motorcycles = LOVE, 1 motorcycle = MEH.
You love his recaps – now check out Price Peterson‘s TV.com interview with new cast member Phoebe Tonkin on her character’s place on the show, what it was like moving from The Secret Circle to The Vampire Diaries, and more. On her character Hayley:
“She’s a tomboy. She lost her parents when she was younger, so she sort of grew up running around with these packs of werewolves. She’s a free spirit, she’s kind of ballsy, she stands up to people a lot, I think just because she’s had to take care of herself for so long. Yeah, so, she’s strong. But in the sense that she’s a good person. I think she has priorities of her own, but I don’t think she’s going to be manipulative like Faye—Faye would’ve done whatever it took to get what she wanted. But Hayley definitely has some secrets and some information that she’s looking for, which is kind of more or less what brings her to Mystic Falls. She’s trying to find something out.”
Not to speak for you guys, but SOME OF US are still trying to recover from last week’s tear-jerking episode. And yet, here we are at Thursday again, and a new episode of The Vampire Diaries is on tap to rip our hearts out. (We hope we do not mean that literally.) The Rager (EP403) airs tonight on the CW at 8/7c. Remember to come back after you watch to vote in the poll and discuss the episode in the comments!
Prepare Yourself for The Rager:
- Read the synopsis
- See the episode stills
- Watch the short & Canadian promos
- Watch the extended promo
- Watch the webclip
- Watch another webclip
Miss a post this week?
- Nina Dobrev on On Air with Ryan Seacrest (AUDIO)
- Claire Holt Dishes With Screen Spy + Phoebe Tonkin Interview via TVLine
- Julie Plec Talks Damon’s New Wingman at TV Guide (AUDIO)
- Episode Stills for The Killer (EP405) via TV Overmind
- Previously On The Vampire Diaries: Memorial (EP402)
- First Glimpse of Phoebe Tonkin on TVD at The Insider
- The Vampire Diaries Casts Rick Worthy as Bonnie’s Dad
- Vampire Diaries In Review: Memorial (EP402) – United In Grief
- People’s Choice Awards 2013 Nominations: Help Get TVD, Cast & Fans on the Final Ballot!
- The Vampire Diaries November Sweeps Highlights from the CW
- Second Webclip for The Rager (EP403)
- Friday Night Bites, Oct. 12-19: Great Fanvid, Gillies AMA, Responsible Celebrity
- Webclip for The Rager (EP403)
- TV Guide Chats with Joseph Morgan (VIDEO) + Memorial (EP402) Post-Mortems with Julie Plec
- Episode Downloads for Memorial (EP402)
- Extended Promo for The Rager (EP403)
- Complete Songlist for Memorial (EP402)
- Short & Canadian Promos for The Rager (EP403)
- Reaction Post & Poll: Vampire Diaries – Memorial (EP402)
- More Interviews: Nina Dobrev, Julie Plec + New Guest Star Grace Phipps
- Julie Plec: “I look at episode two in my own special way as the finale of last season’s journey.”
- Thursday Afternoon Interviews: Zach Roerig, Michael Trevino (VIDEOS) and Ian Somerhalder
Ready for your first look at how Phoebe Tonkin‘s character, Hayley, will fit in with the TVD group? Click on the partial image to see the whole exclusive still at The Insider. Hayley will first appear in tomorrow night’s episode, The Rager (EP303). Take a look at who she seems to be spending time with in this episode still, and hit the comments with your theories! And hey, Secret Circle fans, it’s pretty awesome to see Phoebe back on our screens, huh?
Thanks to a November Sweeps press release from the CW, we have some new hints about the next several episodes. Highlight for details!
October 25: The Rager (EP403) – While Connor (guest star Todd Williams) continues his search to uncover the secrets of Mystic Falls, Stefan (Paul Wesley) takes Elena on a thrilling motorcycle ride in an effort to show her that life can still be fun.
November 1: The Five (EP404) – At a fraternity costume party, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) takes advantage of the wild scene to give Elena (Nina Dobrev) a lesson in choosing a victim. Meanwhile, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) tells Stefan (Paul Wesley) about an encounter with a powerful group of vampire hunters in the 12th century.
November 8: The Killer (EP405) – When Connor (guest star Todd Williams) takes Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), Matt (Zach Roerig) and April (guest star Grace Phipps) hostage at the Grill, Stefan (Paul Wesley) and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) have a serious disagreement about the best course of action, and Elena (Nina Dobrev) is again caught between the two brothers.
November 15: We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes (EP406) – Terrifying hallucinations leave Elena (Nina Dobrev) shaken and confused, causing her to make a dangerous mistake.
Brother banter time! Enjoy.