TV Guide has a new image from next week’s Vampire Diaries mid-season finale, Fifty Shades of Grayson (EP510). Ouch! It doesn’t look like Elena is having a very good time.
TV Fanatic has posted a series of interviews from a recent set visit. Check them out below!
The Vampire Diaries:
- Vampire Diaries Scoop: Candice Accola Talks “Heartbroken” Caroline, Hatred of Damon & More [TV Fanatic]
- TVD Set Scoop: Ian Somerhalder on Hatred for Katherine, “Brutal Flashbacks” to Come & More [TV Fanatic]
- Zach Roerig Talks Threesomes, Alter-Egos, Mrs. Robinson Fantasies, and More [TV Fanatic]
- Paul Wesley Talks Chemistry, Destiny and the Many Incarnations of Stefan [TV Fanatic]
- Charles Michael Davis Talks Flashbacks, Relationship With The Originals [TV Fanatic]
Lots of reporters headed to the set of The Vampire Diaries for the 100th episode celebration, so there are a whole bunch of new set visit reports and interviews for us to read! Find out what’s up with your favorite plots, ships, and more. Some focus on things we’ve already seen, while others peek into the future, so beware of spoilers! (And there are a few tidbits about The Originals scattered in there too.) If you’ve found any set visit reports we’ve missed, please go ahead and share them in the comments.
- Best TV Couple of All Time: We Have a Winner! Instant Reaction—and Scoop—Straight From the Set [E!Online]
- TVD Set Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Carrie, Crying and Bonnie’s Possible Return [TV Fanatic]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Caroline Dries and Paul Wesley clear up the Silas confusion: Is he alive, dead, cured, or aging? [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Kat Graham: Bonnie’s Return From the Other Side Is Bittersweet [TV Guide]
- The Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley and Candice Accola Have Very Different Opinions on a Stefan-Caroline Romance [E!Online]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ shipper update: The cast teases what’s coming next for Delena, Stelena, Klaroline, Steroline, Forwood, Beremy, and more [Zap2it]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: The EPs and cast on ‘crazy pants’ Amara, Stefan’s returned memory, and more in ‘Death and the Maiden’ [Zap2it]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena ‘Tension,’ Stelena’s ‘Faded’ Romance and Katherine’s Love [TVLine]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk ‘Very Final’ Forwood Break-Up, Steroline Teases and Flirting With Jesse [TVLine]
According to a TV Guide exclusive, Joseph Morgan is set to return to The Vampire Diaries for an episode as Klaus returns to Mystic Falls. No word yet on exactly when this crossover will happen. Why do you think Klaus is making the trip? Does it have to do with Caroline, or something else?
Ready for another look at Amara? TV Guide has an exclusive webclip for Death and the Maiden (EP507) featuring the newest doppelganger.
We love a good throwdown around here, and last night’s episode of The Originals delivered. Bloodletting (EP107) featured a straight up beat down between Klaus and Tyler, with Joseph Morgan and Michael Trevino going all out for the scene. TV Guide has some exclusive behind the scenes photos of the fight, check out the action at TV Guide!
TV Guide has an exclusive new webclip from the next episode of The Originals (Bloodletting, EP107). This clip features Marcel and a whole crowd of his people. Enjoy!
TV Guide caught up with Nina Dobrev and guest star Shaun Sipos to talk about Elena’s connection with Sipos’s character Aaron, a fellow Whitmore student.
“Elena’s hope was to go to college and start this new life but she soon learned that Mystic Falls isn’t the only place overrun by vampires,” Dobrev tells TVGuide.com. “When she meets Aaron … they bond over a similar life and past and the grief and death they both had.”
And E!Online talks to guest star Olga Fonda about Nadia’s agenda in Mystic Falls.
And Fonda is more than OK with viewers sharing their opinions with her on Twitter, saying the Vampire Diaries’ fans have been amazing to her. “Since I’ve been on the show, I’ve had a lot of new fans coming on board, and they are just so wonderful. I was a little nervous, again, I’m here and the show has been together for four years, they have the people you love, and if you mess with them, they might not like you necessarily as much,” she says. “I do get a little tweet here and there that says ‘Don’t mess with Matt. You better not mess with him!’ But they’ve been so wonderful and they’ve been so welcoming and then they’ve been so loving.”
Thankfully, this new format for more TVD stories also means more freedom. “Nobody has rejected anything that we have turned in so far,” raves Doran of DC and Warner Bros. open-minded approach to the comics. “I think they’re just looking for stories that work and fit their continuity. We’ve been given a lot of free reign to go in different places in these stories.”
And let us know what you think of the first issue in the comments!
Want to learn more about a few of our favorite witches? In the lead-up to and aftermath of last night’s episode of The Originals, Sinners and Saints (EP105), both Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell did a bunch of interviews about their characters. They talk about Sophie’s and Davina’s histories and relationships with Marcel, Elijah, and others, and give some teases about what’s to come for them in the future. If you’ve found more interviews we don’t have, please put them in the comments and we’ll add them! Beware of spoilers!
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell talks Davina’s power, upcoming answers, and why Elijah should wear leather
- Hollywood Life: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell On Davina’s Future With Tim & More
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Daniella Pineda on Sophie’s Calculated Plan to Take Down Marcel
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Danielle Campbell Opens Up About a ‘Betrayal of Trust’
- TV Fanatic: The Originals Spoilers: Danielle Campbell on Connecting With Elijah, Wrangling Her Powers and More!
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Daniella Pineda: Sophie Goes Further Into a Difficult Spot
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Danielle Campbell: Viewers Will Finally Understand Why Davina Is So Powerful
- Zap2it: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell on the Harvest Festival, chemistry with Elijah, and more
So it turns out new guest star Janina Gavankar had a lot to do (and say) on last night’s cucko-bananas episode of The Vampire Diaries. Since pretty much everything from last night is a spoiler, make sure you’ve watched Original Sin (EP503) before reading this TV Guide interview.
How did you ultimately prepare for the role?
Gavankar: I came thinking I knew some sh– because this is my third vampire show. Meanwhile, this show is so different from True Blood. This is a show about doppelgangers. I love swimming in backstory soup, so the first thing I did was sit down with the writer of the episode, Rebecca Sonnenshine, and I waded through all of it with her and figured out the whole thing. I had more hair tests and makeup tests than any other show.