There’s a lot to parse from last night’s Vampire Diaries Season 5 finale, but before we get to the handful of Julie Plec’s teases for Season 6, some excellent news: According to Julie, via Entertainment Weekly, Michael Malarkey has been promoted to series regular for Season 6. Enzo will be back. Huzzah!
And here’s a spoiler-filled post-mortem roundup courtesy of Julie, who clears up some foggy moments from last night’s finale and hints at what we can expect when The Vampire Diaries returns in Fall 2014:
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Vampire Diaries’ season finale: EP Julie Plec answers burning questions
- TV Line: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on the [spoiler]Bonnie/Damon[/spoiler] ‘Mystery,’ [spoiler]Alaric’s[/spoiler] Struggle, Stefan’s Journey and More Season 6 Scoop
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on Season 6 ‘Reset’: ‘Everybody Gets to Start Over’ (Q&A)
- TV Guide: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on [spoiler]Damon and Bonnie[/spoiler]‘s Fate, [spoiler]Magic-less[/spoiler] Mystic Falls and More
WARNING: If you have yet to see tonight’s Vampire Diaries season finale, do not click this link as it contains a massive spoiler and, honestly, you should just experience it. Okay? Wait until you’ve seen the episode, you will not be sorry.
According to TV Guide, The Vampire Diaries has added a series regular for Season 6. You can find out who it is by clicking this link, but seriously, please watch the episode first unless you hate experiencing pure happiness and anything that is good or wholesome and just in this world.
Everyone bracing themselves for the Vampire Diaries season finale tonight? If you need some teases, EP Caroline Dries has spoken with TV Guide about what we’re in for tonight.
“The finale will have major effects on our characters and they all will have their own way of dealing and moving on. We think of it as the college metaphor. You leave for college and then when you come home to visit, everything feels a little different and eventually you realize you don’t really live there anymore.”
TV Guide has the first look at Thursday night’s TVD Season 5 finale. Damon and Bonnie are having a nice, friendly, calm discussion…okay, who am I kidding?! Calm is in really short supply with Damon Salvatore right now.
In case you haven’t seen last night’s Vampire Diaries, Man On Fire (EP519), let’s just say some stuff went down. Journalists were invited to a pre-screening of the episode, followed by a Q&A with Ian Somerhalder and executive producer Caroline Dries during which they discussed the ep itself and what’s to come in the final three (!!!) episodes of Season 5. Obviously, beware spoilers!
Here’s a teaser via TV Guide:
What’s next for the group?
Dries: Pushing towards the finale, they have a united cause because the Travelers are trying to rip away their home and this is something they rally around. The question is: What will happen to Bonnie and our friends who are over there [on the Other Side]? Do they just go away like Vicki (Kayla Ewell) did? These things are spiraling out of control around them and … when you see the finale, this giant thing happens. We’re breaking Season 6 and we start with everyone in a different orbit in a way. Season 6 will be a lot of bringing people back together [and] picking up the pieces.
- TV Guide – Vampire Diaries Boss on Enzo’s Next Move, the Fate of the Other Side and Three Major Deaths
- TV Fanatic – The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: Ghost Villains, Traveler Threats & Three Real Deaths
- The Hollywood Reporter – ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss, Ian Somerhalder on Enzo’s Revenge and Damon’s New ‘Hell’
- Zap2It – ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Ian Somerhalder, Caroline Dries reveal a twist on the big death
- TV Line – Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on [Spoiler]‘s Next Move, Bonnie’s Lies, Tyler’s Fate and More
- Entertainment Weekly – ‘Vampire Diaries’: [Spoiler] is dead but far from gone, plus producer Caroline Dries teases season 5 finale
Between her uncle Kieran, Klaus, and Marcel, Cami has a lot going on on The Originals right now, and actress Leah Pipes spoke with TV Guide about her character’s approach to the situation:
“She’s pretty desperate at this point so she’s taking some drastic measures — you see her at her wit’s end,” Pipes tells TVGuide.com. “It’s been a very emotional arc. But I think she has this wonderful ability of refusing to hit rock bottom. Her family life has been through many trials and tribulations, and the fact that she doesn’t give up and continues to fight on makes her really interesting. She’s not allowing herself to wallow in her own despair, and instead she’s trying to solve the problem.”
And she also has some interesting things to say about Cami’s feelings toward Klaus and Marcel . . .
Tonight’s much-anticipated return of The Vampire Diaries marks Paul Wesley‘s directorial debut with Resident Evil (EP518). Congratulations, Paul! He’s been making the rounds with the press in honor of the occasion, so we’ve got a whole lot of reading for you to help pass the time until the episode. If we find more interviews, we’ll add them on, so check back later! And make sure you tune in to the CW tonight at 8/7c for the episode!
- Paul Wesley Sinks His Fangs Into Directing ‘The Vampire Diaries’ [Wall Street Journal]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Director Paul Wesley explains why he nixed a shirtless moment in this week’s episode [Entertainment Weekly]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley: Directorial Debut Addresses the Future of Stefan and Elena [TV Guide]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley makes his directorial debut with ‘nostalgic’ episode filled with easter eggs [Zap2it]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’: Paul Wesley on ‘Daunting’ Directorial Debut and Unexpected Hiccups [The Hollywood Reporter]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Paul Wesley on His Directorial Debut [Give Me My Remote]
The Originals returns with new episodes tonight, and TV Guide spoke with Nathan Parsons about the possibilities for Jackson and Hayley:
“Hayley is a werewolf but she has no idea what that really means because she didn’t grow up with the pack. She does not understand the traditions, and those traditions are very important to Jackson, so who knows if they could ever be together? She walks the line between the wolves and the vampires and both factions want her. As for Elijah, he’s a pretty formidable opponent for Jackson but you’ll start to see that the two guys are surprisingly similar. They both bear the responsibility of tending to a really messed-up family, and they share the pain and agony that goes with that.”
He also discusses the audition process and his role on True Blood.
The Vampire Diaries returns this week with Resident Evil (EP518), and TV Guide has an exclusive clip from the episode, featuring an “awkward run-in” between Damon and Elena.
Couldn’t make it to PaleyFest? We’ve got you covered with plenty of links to pictures and coverage from the weekend’s events. Enjoy! (And more coverage may be trickling in this week, so check back later for additions!)
- PaleyFest 2014: THE ORIGINALS and THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Panel Photos [Give Me My Remote]
The Vampire Diaries
- 5 Mini Vampire Diaries Teases [TV Guide]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Stars and EPs Reveal Season 5 Secrets [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Vampire Diaries @ PaleyFest: ‘Hope For Stelena,’ Katherine’s Possible Return and More Scoop [TVLine]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Caroline Dries on the ‘Linchpin’ in the Mythology, Bonnie’s Crisis, the Triangle, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Ian Somerhalder on What’s Next For Damon and Elena [Give Me My Remote]
- THE VAMPIRE DIARIES: Nina Dobrev on Losing Katherine, Elena’s Troubles, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- On the Red Carpet’s video interviews: Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Paul Wesley on directing
- The Originals @ PaleyFest: Claire Holt Explains Her Exit, Plus Scoop on Elijah’s ‘Unraveling’ [TVLine]
- The Originals: Claire Holt Sets Record Straight on Why She Left [TV Guide]
- THE ORIGINALS: Daniel Gillies on Elijah/Hayley, Klaus’ Betrayal, and More [Give Me My Remote]
- THE ORIGINALS: Julie Plec on the Possibility of Rebekah Returning via Flashbacks — or to THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (Video Below) [Give Me My Remote]
- On the Red Carpet’s video interviews: Joseph Morgan, Leah Pipes, Danielle Campbell, Phoebe Tonkin, Daniel Gillies, Charles Michael Davis