TV Guide has learned that actors Charlie Bewley and Camille Guaty will appear in the second half of season four of The Vampire Diaries. Guaty’s character, Caitlin, will be a woman from Professor Shane‘s past, while Bewley will play a “tough and rugged” character named Vaughn. They speculate that he might be a hunter. Thoughts?
There’s not much news this holiday week, but this video from TV Guide is hilarious enough to make up for it. Nina Dobrev, Joseph Morgan, Ian Somerhalder, Steven McQueen, and Candice Accola play Shag, Marry, Stake among various sets of characters on the show, and they really put a lot of thought into it. Enjoy!
TV Fanatic has an interview with Candice Accola that covers everything from Caroline’s love life to her relationships with Stefan and Elena. The friendship between Stefan and Caroline is a big favorite among many fans, and according to Accola we’ll be seeing more of it soon.
Watch out for spoilers if you aren’t up to date on the episodes!
“You’ll definitely see that friendship develop,” Accola says. “The parallel that runs through both of their lives right now is that Stefan is trying to do right by Elena even if he doesn’t agree with her choices, while Caroline is doing the same with Tyler.”
This week’s Vampire Diaries Bite from TV Guide features audio from Julie Plec talking about Tyler and Caroline’s love life.
The Killer (EP405) was messy in all kinds of ways, so if you’re still trying to sort it all out (or just finish the mopping!) you’ve got plenty of company this morning! We’re here to help with extra towels and a collection of interviews and post-mortems.
SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS. Make sure you’ve seen the episode before reading any of these!
- Zap2it:‘The Vampire Diaries’ scoop: Julie Plec weighs in on Elena’s first kill, romance, bromance, and more
- Zap2it: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ secret hero: Let’s talk about Tyler
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss Answers 13 of Season 4′s Biggest Questions
- Examiner: Julie Plec teases the ‘origin story of the vampire hunter’ to come on ‘TVD’
- TV Guide: The Vampire Diaries Boss: Elena’s First Kill Will Have Profound Consequences
- Hollywood.com: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Post-Mortem: Julie Plec on the First Kill, the Five, and More!
- CeleBuzz: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Postmortem: EP Julie Plec Says ‘Everything’s About to Change’
- TVLine: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Elena’s [Spoiler], What a Cure Would Mean and More!
- KSiteTV: Vampire Diaries “The Killer” Post-Mortem: Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Talk Aftershocks
- Collider: Writer/Producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci Talk THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Season 4, the Holiday Episode, and Big Reveals
TV Guide has more Joseph Morgan interview goodness and, this week, he’s teasing tonight’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries: The Five (EP404). Joseph explains why it’s his favorite episode so far (and praises writer Rebecca Sonnenshine) and teases that a major secret will surface. Head over to TV Guide to read what Julie Plec has to say about The Five, too. Looks like Season 4′s mythology arc will really get rolling tonight.
Voting in TV Guide’s third annual Fan Favorites Cover Poll is due end tomorrow night (Sunday, October 28 at midnight Pacific Time). Currently, Doctor Who is in the lead, so Vampire Diaries fans need to rally to the cause this weekend and Vote! Vote! Vote!
We’ve had a rummage around for some Vampire Diaries goodies to motivate people to spread the word about the poll, and have unearthed five posters from last season signed by Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder and Joseph Morgan! So, for a chance at winning one of them, read on!
- This contest is open to international fans so EVERYONE can play!
- VOTE for the Vampire Diaries in the TV Guide Fan Favorites cover poll (we can’t verify whether you have or not, but we’re taking it on faith that as TVD fans, you’re rocking it out on the voting front).
- You must have a Twitter account and be following @tvdnews. (It’s important because we’ll be DMing the winners!)
- Copy and paste this tweet (or retweet! – just make sure the #TVD4TVG hashtag is intact so your entry counts):
Vote for #TVD in the TV Guide cover poll + retweet for a chance to win a signed poster! http://tvdnews.net/tvgff #TVD4TVG
- Voting for the poll ends on Sunday, 28th October at midnight PST, so that’ll also be the deadline for this giveaway.
- Winners will be chosen at random and notified via DM by Thursday, November 1st.
- Tweet as many times as you’d like (we want the word out there!), but please do not go overboard spamming it in a short space of time. Be reasonable. And get voting!
Who will Damon be hanging out with now that Alaric is (*sniff*) gone? Check out TV Guide‘s Vampire Diaries Bite to find out what Julie Plec has to say about it. The answer might surprise you! Thoughts?
TV Guide has learned that actor Rick Worthy has been cast as Bonnie’s father, whose name is Rudy Hopkins. (Remember, Bonnie got her last name from her mom’s side of the family.) He will first appear in After School Special (EP410). You may know Rick from shows like Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, and Star Trek: Enterprise. You can read more about him on his IMDb page.
TV Guide sits down with Joseph Morgan to discuss what the arrival of big bad vampire hunter Connor (Todd Williams, introduced in last night’s episode) means for Klaus and whether the Original sibling showdown that happened between Klaus and Rebekah in the premiere will have long term repercussions.
“Season 4 will … see that bond tested more than it’s ever been,” Morgan told us on the Atlanta set of the CW series. “He goes a little further than he’s ever gone and [as usual] Klaus likes to ruin everything for himself and push people away.”
Watched last night’s episode? Then check out these spoilerific post-mortem interviews with Julie Plec, where she touches base on specific plot points (those of you who are little confused about a particular Damon and Elena moment will definitely want to read):
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘Vampire Diaries’ EP Julie Plec talks the meaning of blood-sharing, this week’s emotional final scene, and what’s next
- Zap2It: ‘Vampire Diaries’ ‘Memorial’ recap: Julie Plec talks Elena’s first ‘feed’ and that very special appearance
This week’s TV Guide Vampire Diaries Bite is good news for fans of Damon’s reckless side, looks like we’ll be seeing some more of it soon, and that it will be a big draw for Elena’s own wild side. Hear what Julie Plec has to say about it in the clip below.
Speaking of reckless, Zach Roerig answers questions from Celebuzz about Matt Donovan’s guilt issues and what might be in store for him this season.
Celebuzz: Matt is obviously feeling a lot of guilt about Elena’s sacrifice for him. How is that going to continue to impact his role this season?
Zach Roerig: Feeling that guilt is going to make him is question why he is alive. I just think both Salvatore brothers are going to encourage Matt in different ways to kind of put up or shut up. Matt’s involvement is stepped up in everything.
Zach Roerig isn’t the only one who has to step up this season, Nina Dobrev has a whole new challenge as she takes on Elena’s new reality. The TV Chick spoke with the actress about all the changes Elena is going through this season.
What are you looking forward to this season for your character?
To go on the journey with her and sort of see how she deals with things, and it’s sad though. She never wanted this at all and now she has no choice. Not just for today, but forever. And she’s stuck with this lifestyle, but who knows. Everything happens for a reason, and maybe one day she’ll be really thankful and really happy that she gets to live through different eras and different times. Maybe she will leave all these boys behind and try to find a cure for cancer or make some good of it.