TVLine has some more from their talk with Julie Plec about the Salvatores, Klaus, Caroline & Tyler, and more coming up in the second half of season four. This passage about Klaus is intriguing:
“The beauty of Klaus, much like Damon, is that his horrible misdeeds are all born out of a place of a complete lack of trust and faith as a result of being repeatedly betrayed and rejected in his life. I’m not saying I excuse his horrific behavior, but it’s born from a very human place. Once someone’s got a strong core of humanity, there’s hope for them – [they may] just not necessarily wake up tomorrow as Man of the Year. Klaus will continue to be a very complicated character. Much like Damon in the first couple seasons, when he feels backed up against the wall, he lashes out in very, very destructive ways. It makes it impossible to forgive. And yet, the redemption of Klaus as a character-long arc is something we always talk about.”
Also find out what the future holds for Tyler after his family tragedy, Jeremy with his new “career,” and more.
Ready for O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409) tonight? Everyone has opinions on the latest turn of events in the Damon and Elena relationship and TV Guide Magazine caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss what the sire bond means to the couple’s fledgling romance and the steps they’ll each take to ensure what Elena is experiencing is the real deal:
TV Guide Magazine: Will it be good for the show if Elena and Damon stay together for a while?
Somerhalder: I think it’s good for the story: If Elena is with Damon, this sire bond is always an issue; plus, his brother’s really angry. So until both of them know if it’s true love, they’ve decided they’re not going to sleep together again. There will be more romance and less sex. Damon wants to do the right thing, but losing Elena is not an option. It’s a tough predicament for him.
- The Hollywood Reporter: Caroline and Tyler Unable to ‘Hold Up a Relationship,’ Candice Accola Says
- Entertainment Weekly: Candice Accola teases tonight’s midseason finale
- Hollywood.com: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ star Candice Accola on Hope for Klaroline, Forwood, and a Cure
- Celebuzz: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Candice Accola Talks ‘Klaroline’ and Tension with Tyler (Q&A)
- The TV Chick: Joseph Morgan (Klaus) from The Vampire Diaries previews tonight’s Big Mid-Season Finale
- TV Fanatic: Joseph Morgan Teases “Mind-Blowing Horrors” to Come
We got Joseph Morgan‘s take on the Klaus/Tyler situation in our last post, so it’s time to hear from Michael Trevino. On this week’s TV Guide Vampire Diaries Bite, he talks about why the time is right for Tyler to put his plan in motion in tonight’s mid-season finale, O Come, All Ye Faithful (EP409). There are a few more quotes from Joseph Morgan in the article as well, so make sure you click over!
And when you’re done with that, head over to Entertainment Tonight Online for an exclusive behind the scenes photo of a certain dramatic scene on dock . . . Well, that doesn’t bode well.
This week’s installment of TV Guide’s Vampire Diaries Bite focuses on the Tyler’s mission to take down Klaus and whether Caroline will support the means used to accomplish that end. Candice Accola chimes in on whether Caroline has Tyler’s back:
E!Online caught up with Julie Plec to talk Stefan, Damon, Elena and sire bond:
Is there any real hope for Damon and Elena as a legit couple?
The sire bond issue will force them each to dig deep into their feelings towards each other as they try to define and defend them. This could either make them stronger than ever or tear them apart.
Another Thursday, another new episode of The Vampire Diaries, and another round of fantastic interviews with Candice Accola. First up, Candice talks “Klaus, Miss Mystic Falls, and a Winter Wonderland” with Entertainment Weekly:
Caroline has definitely, in the past, used Klaus’ feelings toward her to distract him so that they can execute their plan and try to get ahead and beat Klaus at his own game. So we’ve seen this before, and we will definitely see it again. Caroline knows the kind of hold that she has over Klaus. I don’t think that she necessarily trusts fully that he will never just switch on a dime — I don’t think anyone can.
And Zap2It brings up the chemistry between Caroline and Stefan (alongside a lot of other topics):
I think Caroline’s biggest struggle is parallel to Stefan’s biggest struggle. This is a season of Caroline just really wanting to do the right thing, and to do the right thing by the people that she cares about. She recognizes what the right thing is, and she can’t ignore it. She wants to do the right thing. It coincides with Stefan, who just wants so hard to do the right thing and to have Elena grow and experience being a vampire in a perfect, safe, right way. He’s almost re-doing the way that he became a vampire through Elena. He’s getting another chance, and he wants things to go a certain way, even if it’s not necessarily the best thing for her, he wants it to be right.
The Killer (EP405) was messy in all kinds of ways, so if you’re still trying to sort it all out (or just finish the mopping!) you’ve got plenty of company this morning! We’re here to help with extra towels and a collection of interviews and post-mortems.
SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS. Make sure you’ve seen the episode before reading any of these!
- Zap2it:‘The Vampire Diaries’ scoop: Julie Plec weighs in on Elena’s first kill, romance, bromance, and more
- Zap2it: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ secret hero: Let’s talk about Tyler
- The Hollywood Reporter: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss Answers 13 of Season 4′s Biggest Questions
- Examiner: Julie Plec teases the ‘origin story of the vampire hunter’ to come on ‘TVD’
- TV Guide: The Vampire Diaries Boss: Elena’s First Kill Will Have Profound Consequences
- Hollywood.com: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Post-Mortem: Julie Plec on the First Kill, the Five, and More!
- CeleBuzz: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Postmortem: EP Julie Plec Says ‘Everything’s About to Change’
- TVLine: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Elena’s [Spoiler], What a Cure Would Mean and More!
- KSiteTV: Vampire Diaries “The Killer” Post-Mortem: Julie Plec & Michael Narducci Talk Aftershocks
- Collider: Writer/Producers Julie Plec and Michael Narducci Talk THE VAMPIRE DIARIES Season 4, the Holiday Episode, and Big Reveals
Is your Thursday dragging a little? Don’t worry, we’re here for you. We’ve got a whole group of goodies to keep you going until tonight’s episode, starting with a pair of interviews from Zap2it. First up, Michael Trevino talks about how Tyler feels about being Klaus’s crash pad and a little secret (spoiler!) he’s been keeping from Caroline (VIDEO).
“Tyler is in a state of not only shock, but also ‘Okay, if he was in my body, what was he doing in my body? How was he treating Caroline or all the other characters?’” Trevino explains. “He’s mainly finding out, okay, what are the consequences going to be to all the people that didn’t know.”
“Rebekah and Matt have been a little bit … hot and cold,” Zach says. “I think you can expect to see Rebekah trying to kind of clean things up with Matt and get him to forgive her. ‘I got upset. My bad, I tried to kill you. But you survived! So now we can flirt again!’ I feel like it’s going to continue to be the same dance, though, because at the end of the day, in some weird way, Matt can wrap his head around why Rebekah would do that.”
We’ve also got another interview with Zach Roerig, this time from examiner.com. We’re hoping they’ll fix the spelling of his last name, but typos aside we’re going to be very interested to see more of Matt and Jeremy teaming up in the future.
“Now that Matt’s become more involved and puts his neck on the line…there’s one person in particular that I think we’ll start to see Matt keeping a watchful eye over—Jeremy. Even if characters start to go off to college, he’ll still be around; he’ll still be in high school. So I think before Matt didn’t really have a reason to stick around or feel like he had any family or any ties, but I think now you’ll start to see his brotherly connection to Jeremy [as a] tie,” Roering previewed.
Last but not least, Ian Somerhalder recently shared some thoughts with iOL’s, and we’re e’re not too surprised to see him advocating for the wild side of Elena Gilbert.
“Maybe there’s some unpre- dictable craziness in store for Elena when she turns into a vampire and her emotions are amplified 10 000-fold. She might become a super unbelievably volatile being.”
And yet more interviews, sneaking in under the wire! Entertainment Weekly has a sadly unembeddable compilation of video interviews with Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev, and Michael Trevino. They give some interesting teases for season four, including this one about tonight’s premiere:
“One giant emotional roller coaster ride,” says star Candice Accola. “Everyone’s just at their breaking point, on edge. Caroline especially.”
There’s more than one love triangle in Mystic Falls . . . and you should head over to The Insider to see the rest of their exclusive promo picture of Caroline, Tyler, and Klaus.
And hey, ready to check in with Caroline’s other (former?) love interest? The Examiner talked to Zach Roerig about what he’d like to see for Matt in season 4.
“He’s got Elena; he’s got the number one bodyguard in the world, now that she’s a vampire, and she’ll look out for him. But I would like to see Matt play a more dominant role in the show as far as being a physical presence and whatever that is. Being aggressive and doing all of that stuff is really fun.”
New interviews and teases are springing up right and left! Here are a few things to tide you over until tomorrow night’s season premiere, including TV Line’s exclusive first look at the new hunter in town.
- Associated Press sits down with Claire Holt to talk Season 4! (Video above)
- Exclusive First Look: Is Vampire Diaries’ New Hunter Friend, Foe or Something Else Altogether? via TV Line
- TVD’s Julie Plec Interview via The CW69
- The TV Chick has a slew of interviews from Comic-Con 2012: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino, and Steven R. McQueen.
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec & Paul Wesley On Stefan’s Darker Side, Graduation & More via NiceGirls TV
- Australian actress Claire Holt finds herself in Georgia, thanks to gig on ‘Vampire Diaries’ via The Washington Post