Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks.
SPECIAL NOTE: Now that the forums are closed we’re noticing a lot more off-topic links and things appearing in comments. Now that the show is back on we’ll be trying to keep things more focused, but we invite you to share other links and discuss non-tvd topics here in the weekly FNB post.
- What’s Candice Accola reading right now? Check out this video (above) from Hollywood Crush’s Celebrity Book Club.
- Ian Somerhalder wrote about America’s energy crisis for the Daily Beast.
- Hottest girls from the CW? We spy Nina Dobrev and Kat Graham on this list, with bonus of Phoebe Tonkin and Persia White for their work on other shows.
- To celebrate the premiere, YA author Gwenda Bond posted a snippet from her awesome book Blackwood that involves our favorite show.
- Joseph Morgan’s movie Warhouse will screen at the South African Horrorfest 2012.
- Nina Dobrev will be Self Magazine’s cover girl in November.
- And Phoebe Tonkin will appear on the cover of Australian magazine Women’s Fitness, November 2012 edition.
- Great pictures of Paul Wesley and Torrey DeVitto from the Opening Night Gala of the 13th Annual Polish Film Festival Los Angeles.
- And here’s Daniel Gillies at the Kingdom Come premiere.
- Candice Accola supports the Tick-Born Disease Alliance’s Trick’n'Tweet event (VIDEO).
- And head to TV Fanatic to support the Tick-Born Disease Alliance and enter to win a signed cast poster.
- Fantastic Fangirls Scribble in Their Vampire Diaries
Here’s a bit more of next week’s episode, Memorial (EP402), from the CW.
Ready for your first taste of Memorial (EP402)? Here you go, courtesy of the CW.
And yet more interviews, sneaking in under the wire! Entertainment Weekly has a sadly unembeddable compilation of video interviews with Candice Accola, Nina Dobrev, and Michael Trevino. They give some interesting teases for season four, including this one about tonight’s premiere:
“One giant emotional roller coaster ride,” says star Candice Accola. “Everyone’s just at their breaking point, on edge. Caroline especially.”
Celebuzz catches up with Kat Graham to talk Bonnie, the Tyler and Klaus situation, witchcraft, and all things Season 4 premiere. Check out the video below!
HuffPostTV talks with Torrey DeVitto about Meredith’s character “trajectory,” action scenes, and more.
When we see Meredith in Season 4, are the Salvatore brothers really angry with her?
You know, I don’t think they’re too happy or pleased, but, here’s what everybody is missing: Had Meredith not done what she did, there would possibly be no more “Vampire Diaries” because Elena would be dead. So can we just give Meredith a little more credit here? [Laughs.] Come on you sexy little vampires — you’d have no girl to fight over so just get over it. [Laughs.]
And NiceGirlsTV has more teases from the Comic-Con 2012 press room, courtesy of Nina Dobrev.
Elena may not be the first member of the Mystic Falls gang to grow fangs, but that doesn’t mean that her friends are going to necessarily be comfortable with her new life.
“Caroline kind of was accepted by the group as a vampire and I think for Elena, everyone is going to just be sad. They’ve just spent all this time doing everything in their power to protect her, and now she’s a vampire – so I guess she can protect herself.”
MTV asked Vampire Diaries cast members their top five season premiere questions. How violent will Elena get? When will the Council strike? MTV has the answers, as well as the video below, where Candice Accola, Michael Trevino, Zach Roerig, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder all talk about their characters’ biggest challenges heading in to Season 4.
Happy premiere day! If you woke up in desperate need of some Vampire Diaries content to get you through your morning, you’re in luck: Julie Plec talked to TV Guide about Elena’s transition and how it affects her and the triangle. Without getting into too many of the specifics (click through if you want to see!), we can give you this interesting bit:
“Elena is uncompromising about is the length she’ll go to protect the people she cares about and as a vampire that takes on a whole new meaning. So I do think there is some element of concern on the part of her closest friends to make sure she’s not losing her way or losing sight of herself in all this – especially how it relates to the Salvatore brothers.”
And in the first Vampire Diaries Bite video of the season, Robyn Ross gives some tantalizing teases about the premiere. (Warning: Slightly spoilery! Watch at your own risk!)
It’s time for the long-awaited, final video in CW’s cast interview series. Here’s Ian Somerhalder!
Need something to distract you until tomorrow night’s premiere? Paul Wesley is over at Young Hollywood playing a fun Vampire or Werewolf? game – and, oh yeah, talking about season four:
And over at Entertainment Weekly, Ian Somerhalder talks about the love triangle and how Damon will deal with Elena’s transition:
“There is some stuff that is going to come up this season that I think fans will get a little bit of joy out of,” said Ian Somerhalder, who explained that the love triangle still has a ways to go. “There is a scene [where] Damon pushes [Elena's] buttons a little bit and kind of starts undressing in front of her [and] that throws her for a loop. It was pretty cute.”
Meanwhile, at Hollywood Life, Torrey DeVitto talks about what’s coming up for Meredith:
“I think you’ll see a bond grow between Damon and Meredith. It’s cool because he’s this erratic character, and she really holds her ground with him and with all the other characters. She’s strong-minded and doesn’t put up with his bulls**t. So deep down, whether he acknowledges it or not, he admires that about her. That’s how their friendship begins, really.”
New interviews and teases are springing up right and left! Here are a few things to tide you over until tomorrow night’s season premiere, including TV Line’s exclusive first look at the new hunter in town.
- Associated Press sits down with Claire Holt to talk Season 4! (Video above)
- Exclusive First Look: Is Vampire Diaries’ New Hunter Friend, Foe or Something Else Altogether? via TV Line
- TVD’s Julie Plec Interview via The CW69
- The TV Chick has a slew of interviews from Comic-Con 2012: Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig and Michael Trevino, and Steven R. McQueen.
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec & Paul Wesley On Stefan’s Darker Side, Graduation & More via NiceGirls TV
- Australian actress Claire Holt finds herself in Georgia, thanks to gig on ‘Vampire Diaries’ via The Washington Post