We’ve got The Originals tonight, but if you’re already thinking about The Vampire Diaries, here’s a peek at Thursday’s new episode, Total Eclipse of the Heart (EP513).
OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on Katherine’s Shocking Fate: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, Katherine’s Plan and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, Crafty Katherine and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
Tomorrow’s the big day: the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511). Let’s kick off with a “Thank You TVD Fans!” video from the cast, shall we?
No, guys – thank you.
TV Line has this epic look back at favorite moments from the first 99 episodes of The Vampire Diaries, featuring the show’s cast, guest stars, and producers. Beware: You will shed a tear or two while flipping through this gallery. Here’s what Kat Graham has to say about hitting 100 eps:
“I didn’t think I was going to make it past the pilot. I thought I would have been recast or something. I had shot five pilots before The Vampire Diaries and not one of them got picked up. So a 100th episode is, like, not real to me. It’s a beautiful, humbling experience, but I still can’t believe I’ve been on it this long. It’s great.”
So what can we expect from the epic 100th episode, anyway? Executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries gives some hints to Zap2It:
In addition to Katherine’s mortality drama, Dries emphasizes that the episode is for the fans in a lot of ways. “We for sure wanted it to be nostalgic. We wanted to make it for the fans who have been with the show from the beginning,” Dries tells us. “So they’ll get the references, specific scenes, and lines that we put in there as a love letter to the fans. It’s to show them how much we appreciate them. But it will be shocking and fun, also.”
Zap2It also has a heart-tugging thank you to fans courtesy of Matt Davis, whose Alaric Saltzman is still sorely missed:
When Zap2it caught up with Davis down in Atlanta during “The Vampire Diaries” 100th episode wrap party, he had a message for those dedicated fans. “I’d like to say to the fans, thank you. I love you. Alaric loves all of them,” Davis says with a smile. “It’s been this really wonderful experience for me as an actor to connect with the fans who have been so responsive to a character that I’ve been playing. Whenever Alaric comes back, whether he does or doesn’t in the future, it’s always fun for me because I know it’s a chance for me to reconnect with the fans who have been so generous and gracious.”
E!Online caught up with Ian Somerhalder to discuss his favorite TVD scene and the site reflects on Damon’s repertoire of killer one-liners (interview video at the link!):
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Somerhalder’s favorite scene comes from The Vampire Diaries’ earlier run of episodes. “My favorite scene was Damon turning Vicki into a vampire and they’re dancing all around. It’s also never bad having Kayla Ewell in her underwear,” he spills.
And Nina Dobrev also sits down with E!Online to talk about the Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle and to tease tomorrow night’s episode:
Thursday marks the 100th episode of the five-year-old, fan favorite series, and Dobrev teases that it’s “an episode that will not be forgotten.” “It makes a big splash,” she teases, “and it has a huge impact on the show and all the characters. And [for] me, because I’m weird and strange and I like all the quirky, strange, awkward things, I loved filming it because I got to do some really weird, strange things myself and experience things and it was really fun to shoot.”
The week has finally arrived! The 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511) airs this Thursday, January 23rd at 8/7, and the cast and current and late, lamented guest stars are chiming in on their favorite moments from the first 100 episodes of the show.
First up, TV Guide get Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley to talk about their favorite scenes from the first 100 episodes of TVD:
FAVORITE FLASHBACK ERA
Somerhalder: I kind of got [cheated] out of the ’20s, I would’ve loved that, but 1864 when Stefan and Damon were running around playing football just being young and happy and full of vitality and life it was good.
Wesley: I really liked the ’20s, but I also like the Civil War time. I thought that was really cool.
E!Online has a handful of fun videos featuring the cast’s reminiscing on early episodes and teasing this week’s milestone:
- Our Vampire Diaries 100th Episode Countdown Begins! Candice Accola and Kat Graham Look Back on the Pilot and Eluding Death
- Vampire Diaries Stars Dish on Their Favorite Scenes—and Crash Each Other’s Interviews!
The CW has released a webclip for the 100th episode of The Vampire Diaries, 500 Years of Solitude (EP511), which will air on Thursday, January 23rd.
Lots of reporters headed to the set of The Vampire Diaries for the 100th episode celebration, so there are a whole bunch of new set visit reports and interviews for us to read! Find out what’s up with your favorite plots, ships, and more. Some focus on things we’ve already seen, while others peek into the future, so beware of spoilers! (And there are a few tidbits about The Originals scattered in there too.) If you’ve found any set visit reports we’ve missed, please go ahead and share them in the comments.
- Best TV Couple of All Time: We Have a Winner! Instant Reaction—and Scoop—Straight From the Set [E!Online]
- TVD Set Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Carrie, Crying and Bonnie’s Possible Return [TV Fanatic]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Caroline Dries and Paul Wesley clear up the Silas confusion: Is he alive, dead, cured, or aging? [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Kat Graham: Bonnie’s Return From the Other Side Is Bittersweet [TV Guide]
- The Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley and Candice Accola Have Very Different Opinions on a Stefan-Caroline Romance [E!Online]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ shipper update: The cast teases what’s coming next for Delena, Stelena, Klaroline, Steroline, Forwood, Beremy, and more [Zap2it]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: The EPs and cast on ‘crazy pants’ Amara, Stefan’s returned memory, and more in ‘Death and the Maiden’ [Zap2it]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena ‘Tension,’ Stelena’s ‘Faded’ Romance and Katherine’s Love [TVLine]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk ‘Very Final’ Forwood Break-Up, Steroline Teases and Flirting With Jesse [TVLine]
The TV Addict has a slew of brief, red carpet chats with Vampire Diaries cast, writers, and guest stars (and bonus Kevin Williamson appearance!) at Saturday night’s TVD100 Celebration event in Atlanta.
CLICK FOR MORE INTERVIEWS WITH NINA DOBREV, PAUL WESLEY, KAT GRAHAM, MICHAEL TREVINO, STEVEN R. MCQUEEN, CANDICE ACCOLA, ZACH ROERIG, MATT DAVIS, SARA CANNING, NATHANIEL BUZOLIC, OLGA FONDA, MALESE JOW, MARGUERITE MACINTYRE & JULIE PLEC.
The Hollywood Reporter has revealed a new exclusive webclip for Thursday’s new episode of The Vampire Diaries, For Whom the Bell Tolls (EP504). It features Matt talking to Jeremy about his mysterious blackouts . . .