The cast of the Vampire Diaries have recorded a video to thank the 13 million people who have followed them on Facebook, and to tell everyone to tune in for the Season 4 premiere on October 11th, 2012.
It’s that time again! The Vampire Diaries cast and crew are heading back to work, and so are we! Team V-D.net appreciates everyone’s patience with the slowdown on the site, we’ve collectively had a lot of regular life things on our plates these last few weeks. The whole fandom is still slogging along through hiatus hell, but there’s action in Atlanta and if you listen very carefully you can almost hear the TVD machine starting to gear up for Season 4. Michael Trevino even tweeted a table read picture!
Season 4, you guys! It’s really happening!
The new season premieres on Thursday, October 11th. That’s an awfully long wait, but Comic-Con 2012 is kicking off this week in San Diego, so hopefully we’ll get some good hints, interviews and of course, pictures! Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Zach Roerig, Michael Trevino, Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec will all be attending. The Vampire Diaries panel is in Ballroom 20 from 3:30-4:15pm on Saturday, July 14th.
Photographer Iris Edinger is rolling out more photos from Germany’s Bloody*Con, and this time we have a batch from Zach Roerig‘s panel, with more to come! Click the images below to see them in the Gallery and please be sure to visit Iris’s official website and Facebook page for more of her work. Many thanks to her for capturing Germany’s first Vampire Diaries convention for V-D.net!
With thanks to the wonderful Iris Edinger, just a few photos from this weekend’s (sold out!) Bloody*Con in Bonn, Germany. Hopefully we’ll have more photos and a few thoughts up in the next few days! Check out Ian Somerhalder, Paul Wesley, Dawn Olivieri, and Zach Roerig below.
TV Guide interviewed Michael Trevino and Zach Roerig recently and asked the actors about their favorite episodes in season three. Michael Trevino also shares a little about how he wants to handle Tyler’s new situation (spoilers!) so watch out if you haven’t seen The Departed (EP322).
Want to know how the Vampire Diaries cast felt when they read the season finale? TV Guide asked the actors about their reactions to reading that script, and about their hopes for their characters going into season 4. Spoilers galore for The Departed (EP322).
The 2012 Upfront took place today in New York City and most the Vampire Diaries cast – Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham, Michael Trevino, Steven R. McQueen, Candice Accola, Zach Roerig and Matt Davis (for his new show, Cult) – were in attendance. As we posted earlier this morning, The Vampire Diaries returns in October for Season 4 and the cast may have had a few hints to throw out on the green carpet. Check out links to videos and photos below.
Video & Interviews
- E!Online: Candice Accola on “Vampire Diaries” Finale
- E!Online: Michael Trevino and Zach Roerig on “Diaries”
- E!Online: Nina Dobrev on Shocking “Diaries” Finale
- E!Online: Ian Somerhalder on Dealing With Fame
- E!Online: Is Paul Wesley Like His “Vampire Diaries” Character?
- E!Online: Matthew Davis Talks New Beginnings With “Cult”
- The Insider: Matt Davis on his ‘happy’ death.
- MTV: Ian Somerhalder Says ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Role Would Be ‘Amazing’.
- Hollywood Life: Michael Trevino Hopes To Play Klaus ‘For A Few Episodes’.
- Hollywood Life: Candice Accola Is ‘Sure’ Joseph Morgan Will Return.
- Wetpaint: Zach Roerig Says Matt Shouldn’t Have A New Love Interest in Vampire Diaries Season 4
Friday Night Bites is a weekly round-up for various tidbits of show and cast/crew news not quite big enough to warrant a blog post, not strictly Vampire Diaries-related, or that somehow just fell through the cracks. Please insert theme song by Explosions in the Sky here and enjoy.
- Bing has a video clip of Ian Somerhalder’s efforts to clean up the beach for Earth Day (above).
- TV To Bing About video featuring Kat Graham, about her music.
- Beautiful pictures of Nina Dobrev from the Met Gala: here, here and here.
- Wonder what it’s like to wear that gown? Nina talks about what really goes into achieving that red carpet look (video).
- For a less glamorous (but way more comfortable!) Nina look, try this great shirt.
- Guess who’s adorable in this BTS video of Nina’s Got Milk campaign shoot?
- Video from Nina’s appearance Like Her Like Me Got Milk Event.
- Photos of Nina, onstage and off at the Got Milk event.
- Like Rebekah’s style? Get a better look at the white wrap sweater worn by Claire Holt on TVD.
- Zach Roerig is in Israel with America’s Voices.
- The Gilbert House is for sale! This isn’t something happening on the show, but the actual house used for the exterior of the Elena and Jeremy’s abode is being sold. If you’ve ever wanted to own that porch for your very own, now’s your chance!
- Vampire worlds may be colliding, with both Kellan Lutz and Nina Dobrev in negotiations to join new film Kid Cannabas.
- This is one bad-ass picture of Joseph Morgan on the set of his new movie Open Grave.
- Paul Wesley looks dreamy in these photos from a People Magazine shoot from 2010.
- Chris Grismer is so talented he’s almost scary.
- Fire at The Mystic Grill set in Covington, GA.
- More details about the fire damage can be found here.
- Don’t worry, no one was hurt and it won’t affect filming.
- Ian Somerhalder in GQ.
- If we’re talking about epic love triangles, you’d better believe that TVD is on the list.
- Ology presents one sentence recaps of The Vampire Diaries season 3.
- Candice Accola, Claire Holt and Kayla Ewell at the Young Hollywood Issue party.
- Nina Dobrev is looking very spring-like in this floral outfit.
- io9 has a question: Why do all of the grown-ups on The Vampire Diaries suck?
- Nina is named the Sport’s Illustrated Lovely Lady Of The Day. Hint: scroll down.
- Uncle Mason, Firefighter!
Spoiler alert! This week’s TV Guide Vampire Diaries Bite teases Elena’s choice of Salvatores (don’t worry, they don’t actually say) and addresses the issue of who might be getting a smooch. While there’s no outright revelations, there are some pretty strong hints. Remember, there might be some misdirection going on here, we’ve all been tricked before!
CW 14 Star caught up with Zach Roerig and Matt Davis at the recent TVD convention in Chicago. Watch out for spoilers, though, especially in Matt Davis’s interview.
Zach Roerig talks a little bit about Matt Donovan’s evolution as a character during season three, and notes that he’s pretty happy to be finally in on the supernatural stuff.
Matt Davis talks about getting his start on Vampire Diaries, explaining how he got the role of Alaric. It turns out he signed on without knowing much of anything about the character. Talk about a leap of faith, but we’re so glad he took it!