According to a TVLine exclusive, The Originals has cast Elyse Levesque (SGU, Cedar Cove) in the recurring role of Genevieve. “The seductive and deceptive Genevieve returns to New Orleans with a mysterious agenda and some unfinished business with Rebekah and Marcel.” She will first appear in episode 13.
And over at Zap2it, Daniella Pineda discusses Sophie’s future in relation to the Harvest, the other characters, potential love interests, and more.
“It is a really big blow. The elders are gone, but the elders have the access to all the major power,” Pineda says. “Even though Davina’s sucked up a great deal from The Harvest, the elders know what they’re doing, they know how to proceed. And my character was rather reluctant in the beginning, so it’s a huge blow. Nothing could be worse for the witches than right now. The only other option is who will become the next elder, and that takes time.”
In advance of tonight’s mid-season finale, Reigning Pain in New Orleans (EP109), Zap2it spoke with Danielle Campbell about Davina’s power and priorities, her relationship with Tim, the shocking events of the episode, and more. About her character:
“She’s pretty damn powerful,” Campbell points out. “She knows what’s going on and she’s starting to develop her own sense of what she thinks and she’s not just taking one side or another. She’s starting to have a voice of her own and she’s starting to figure out what she wants. She’s starting to think for herself.”
There’s an unembeddable video interview, too, so make sure you click over for the whole thing.
Before tonight’s new episode of The Originals, The River in Reverse (EP108), let’s catch up on a few set visit interviews, a nice story about the show filming in New Orleans, and more. There’s a bunch of scoop about what is to come, especially between certain siblings and a certain pregnant werewolf, so beware of spoilers and read at your own risk! If you’ve found any interviews we’ve missed, feel free to put them in the comments. And enjoy The River in Reverse (EP108)!
- Claire Holt Talks Special Episode of The Originals, History with Marcel, Love for Target [TV Fanatic]
- The CW’s ‘The Originals’ shoots on-location in the city where it’s set, New Orleans [nola.com]
- ‘The Originals’ cast talks Hayley’s history, her bond with Elijah, Marcel and Rebekah’s revenge on Klaus, and more [Zap2it]
- The Originals Preview: As Elijah and Hayley Bond, Will Klaus Be Replaced in His Baby’s Life? [TVLine]
Lots of reporters headed to the set of The Vampire Diaries for the 100th episode celebration, so there are a whole bunch of new set visit reports and interviews for us to read! Find out what’s up with your favorite plots, ships, and more. Some focus on things we’ve already seen, while others peek into the future, so beware of spoilers! (And there are a few tidbits about The Originals scattered in there too.) If you’ve found any set visit reports we’ve missed, please go ahead and share them in the comments.
- Best TV Couple of All Time: We Have a Winner! Instant Reaction—and Scoop—Straight From the Set [E!Online]
- TVD Set Scoop: Kat Graham Talks Carrie, Crying and Bonnie’s Possible Return [TV Fanatic]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ EP Caroline Dries and Paul Wesley clear up the Silas confusion: Is he alive, dead, cured, or aging? [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries’ Kat Graham: Bonnie’s Return From the Other Side Is Bittersweet [TV Guide]
- The Vampire Diaries: Paul Wesley and Candice Accola Have Very Different Opinions on a Stefan-Caroline Romance [E!Online]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ shipper update: The cast teases what’s coming next for Delena, Stelena, Klaroline, Steroline, Forwood, Beremy, and more [Zap2it]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ spoilers: The EPs and cast on ‘crazy pants’ Amara, Stefan’s returned memory, and more in ‘Death and the Maiden’ [Zap2it]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena ‘Tension,’ Stelena’s ‘Faded’ Romance and Katherine’s Love [TVLine]
- Vampire Diaries Stars Talk ‘Very Final’ Forwood Break-Up, Steroline Teases and Flirting With Jesse [TVLine]
In recent episodes, The Originals has taken off like a bat out of hell and the story hurtling forward full-tilt. There are a lot of questions and everybody wants to know who will have what relationship with whom and what’s going to happen next in general. These three interviews contain some spoilers, so read at your own risk if you haven’t yet seen Fruit Of The Poisoned Tree (EP106).
Just Jared Jr. talks with Daniel Gillies about the eldest surviving Mikaelson brother, his family, his relationships and (of course!), his accent.
JJJ: Elijah and Hayley are getting close. Will Klaus become jealous of that relationship?
DG: He seems like he would be. He seems like someone who is jealous. I don’t know, but I think….yeah. For someone who’s lived so long, he’s not very wise. He’s the least wise, thousand-year-old soul that you can imagine. It’s an interesting character. He’s intelligent, but has no wisdom.
TVLine also has some questions about Eijah’s relationships, including one with a certain werewolf, and they went to Julie Plec and Michael Narducci for answers.
As if Elijah’s worry for Hayley this week, not to mention their palpable sexual tension, weren’t enough evidence, Plec confirms that “there’s definitely something” between the unlikely twosome. The Original, in particular, is “starting to have his own level of concern that it’s more than just the child that he is protecting and caring for.”
Zap2it spoke with Julie Plec and Michael Narducci too, and one of their questions is about what we might see coming up next for the witches.
“Everything Sophie was trying to do and everything that the witches need to hold on to their power got killed in the form of the only living witch able to do that spell,” says Plec. “Sophie is going to have a little bit of a spirit crisis that then she’s going to have to snap herself out of and decide ‘Ok, this can’t be the end of this journey. I worked way too hard for this, so what am I going to do now?’ We’ll hit that in a couple of episodes.”
Want to learn more about a few of our favorite witches? In the lead-up to and aftermath of last night’s episode of The Originals, Sinners and Saints (EP105), both Daniella Pineda and Danielle Campbell did a bunch of interviews about their characters. They talk about Sophie’s and Davina’s histories and relationships with Marcel, Elijah, and others, and give some teases about what’s to come for them in the future. If you’ve found more interviews we don’t have, please put them in the comments and we’ll add them! Beware of spoilers!
- Entertainment Weekly: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell talks Davina’s power, upcoming answers, and why Elijah should wear leather
- Hollywood Life: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell On Davina’s Future With Tim & More
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Daniella Pineda on Sophie’s Calculated Plan to Take Down Marcel
- Just Jared Jr.: ‘The Originals’ Interview: Danielle Campbell Opens Up About a ‘Betrayal of Trust’
- TV Fanatic: The Originals Spoilers: Danielle Campbell on Connecting With Elijah, Wrangling Her Powers and More!
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Daniella Pineda: Sophie Goes Further Into a Difficult Spot
- TV Guide: The Originals’ Danielle Campbell: Viewers Will Finally Understand Why Davina Is So Powerful
- Zap2it: ‘The Originals’: Danielle Campbell on the Harvest Festival, chemistry with Elijah, and more
Zap2It has an exclusive – and amazing! – first peek at the October 22nd episode of The Originals, Girl in New Orleans (EP104).
Looks like two certain characters are going to meet for the first time and, well… Guys, you wanna see this. Trust us.
Things have not exactly been easy on Bonnie Bennett for the past few years, and now she’s also dead on top of everything else. Kat Graham spoke with Zap2it about her reaction to Bonnie’s death and what’s to come:
“I didn’t know what was happening. Every character has died a few times on the show and the last time I died on the show they brought me back after the commercial break. So I just kept reading, and I was still dead so I thought, ‘Well they’ll just bring me back in the next episode.’ And then when that didn’t happen either, I realized that for the first time my character was about to go through a whole new arc that I hadn’t expected. I was excited because I could explore new things with the character that I never thought I’d be able to explore. I don’t know how many times I’m going to be playing a dead witch after this show, you know what I mean?”
And at TV Fanatic, Kat discusses when the other characters will find out what’s going on with Bonnie:
“I can’t say if that happens tonight, and I can’t even say if she’s part of the decision, but it leads to a conflict with Jeremy,” the actress teased. “He’s always been this amazing support system and if he stops supporting her desire to keep her death a secret, there will be major problems.”
And over at Alloy Entertainment, Kat considered how she would react in Bonnie’s situation:
Alloy Entertainment: Do you personally agree with Bonnie’s decision to keep her friends in the dark?
Kat Graham: She’s much more selfless than I am. I personally would have made sure everyone knew I was dead. I would have had a parade, a day dedicated to me and a Bonnie Bennett avenue. (laughs) You know what I mean? I’m very narcissistic that way, but when you’re trying to protect your friends it makes sense. I think though that there is a bit more of a selfish objective that people are not recognizing. This is someone who is used to being able to fix problems and now she can’t do that anymore, particularly her own unfortunate situation. So, she’s going to try to cover it up as long as she can to be honest.
Sugarscape has a great interview with Daniel Gillies. The actor answers questions about the evolution of the spinoff, and he also shares his thoughts about possible romantic relationships on The Originals and filming the “saucier” scenes.
When did you first find out about the supernatural spin-off to The Vampire Diaries?
The writing was on the wall for a while. I believe in [The Vampire Diaries and The Originals executive producer] Julie Plec more than anyone. When she says she’s going to do something, it comes into being – and that’s why the news of this show didn’t come as a blindsiding shock to me. It was something that she always talked about.
Charles Michael Davis answered some really fun questions in this little fun fact piece by Zap2it. In case you were wondering:
[Zap2it] Zombie apocalypse or alien invasion?
[Charles Michael Davis] Zombie apocalypse. As long as they’re not “World War Z” class zombies, I think I can outrun them.
READ THE REST AT ZAP2IT.
Just over a week until The Vampire Diaries returns to our television screens on Thursday, October 3rd, and critics who have seen the premiere are tossing fans a handful of teases.
If you’re avoiding spoilers like the plague, click on these at your own risk!
- 5 ‘TVD’ Season 5 Premiere Teases [ETonline]
- A Threesome! Swoon-worthy Silas! 5 Teases from The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 Premiere [TV Guide]
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ preview: 10 Teases from ‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ [Examiner]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: 10 Teasers From the Season Five Premiere! [Just Jared Jr.]
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Season 5 premiere: Sexy Delena happiness, Matt’s transformation, and 8 more spoilers [Zap2it]
- The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Premiere Spoiler Bomb: So. Much. Kissing. And 6 More Teases! [E!Online]
- The Vampire Diaries Spoilers: One Threesome, Two Deaths [TV Fanatic]