OKAY? OKAY. If you’re jonesing for some insight and teases following last night’s epic 100th episode, behold! A list! Julie Plec talks about what went down in the 100th episode, how those events could reverberate throughout the rest of Season 5, and more.
OODLES OF SPOILERS AT THESE LINKS! Beware if you haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. But here’s a non-spoilery comment from Julie’s Q&A with The Hollywood Reporter:
We have a lot of stories to tell, which is the good news, so there doesn’t need to be an ultimate end date. I think we will keep going as long as we have good stories to tell and as long as people who work on the show want to stay with us and tell us good stories. When the stories start disintegrating into those pitches that we swore we’d never get to unless we were desperate, then we’ll try to wrap it up. But those decisions come with a lot of people’s input — a lot of people’s opinions so we shall see.
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ‘Vampire Diaries’ Boss on Katherine’s Shocking Fate: Things Will Get Tricky (Q&A)
- TV LINE: Post Mortem: Vampire Diaries Boss on Caroline’s Surprise, Katherine’s Plan and Bonnie’s Future
- E!ONLINE: The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Dishes on 100th Episode Shockers (and Hookups!), Previews “Painful” Fallout
- ZAP2IT: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ 100th episode: Julie Plec breaks down the Klaroline hookup, Katherine’s sneaky twist and more
- TV GUIDE: Vampire Diaries’ Julie Plec on 100 Episodes, Crafty Katherine and Damon’s Downward Spiral
And here are a few leftover links TVD100 links from yesterday. First up, a must-read piece at Entertainment Weekly about TVD Writer’s Room debates, big and small:
The cure was something Plec and Williamson thought up before they even wrote one word of the series. When the decision was made to turn Elena, they knew they needed to be able to cure her. But four years later, they weren’t so sure she was the one they wanted to cure anymore. “When Kevin and I first started talking about it it was Elena, of course. And then it was Jose Molina, who was our writer during season 4 who said, ‘But if you start the season searching for a cure for Elena and then you end the season and you cure her, then isn’t that kind of a buzz kill because you accomplished the exact thing you set out to do and don’t you just generally want to twist that?’”
- BUZZFEED: “The Vampire Diaries” Welcomes Back A Familiar Face For The 100th Episode
- TV FANATIC: The Vampire Diaries Stars Celebrate 100 Episodes, Share Favorite Moments
Everyone is subject to these rules and guidelines, whether they read them or not.
If you have problems with any of the comments posted, flag them to bring them to our attention. You can do this by hovering your mouse over the comment so the 'flag' link appears. You're also welcome to contact us to let us know about any problems.
Do not flag comments you just disagree with - it wastes moderator time. The flagging system is not there to give a post a thumbs down, it's there for genuine problems.
Be excellent to each other.