Vampire-Diaries.net staff member Erin has masterminded a Vampire Diaries Marathon Scavenger Hunt to help take the sting out of the hiatus and make marathon week as fun as possible. Yep, it’s going to be a game that takes us through the entire week, all 10 TVD Marathon episodes. But before we get into the nitty gritty of how the Hunt will work, here’s what you’re playing for:
Mega Vampire Diaries Marathon Scavenger Hunt Prize Pack of Awesomeness:
- The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season (your choice of DVD or Blu-Ray)
- The Vampire Diaries: Original Television Soundtrack
- Complete set of The Vampire Diaries book series: The Awakening/The Struggle, The Fury/Dark Reunion, Nightfall, and Shadow Souls
- Stefan’s Diaries #1: Origins
- A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries, edited by Red and Vee of Vampire-Diaries.net
- Love You To Death: The Unofficial Companion to The Vampire Diaries, by V-D.net episode recapper Crissy Calhoun
- Vampire Diaries 2011 Wall Calendar
- Vampire Diaries Board Game
- Vampire Diaries Card Game
The Marathon Hunt is open INTERNATIONALLY. Everyone can play and everyone has a chance at winning all of the above (that’s a lot of goodies, folks) in one fell swoop.
So here’s how the Scavenger Hunt will work:
- This is a scavenger hunt which means we will be asking about details within each episode that airs. All questions will be about things that actually occur in the episode, so you don’t have to worry about any obscure behind-the-scenes trivia or the like. You just need to be observant.
- In each of our TONIGHT posts we will post SIX QUESTIONS about the episodes you will be watching, three questions per ep. We will post a new set of questions in each TONIGHT post until the Marathon ends Friday night with Katerina and The Sacrifice. The questions for tonight’s episode can be found at the end of this post.
- On Friday night, after the West coast airing, we will post up the entry form you will be using to submit your compiled answers. So remember, keep your answers safe. We will only be accepting entries that use this entry form! If you just email your answers to us, it won’t count.
- Make sure you fill the entry form out carefully. We’ll be matching answers in the order we ask the questions; everything will be clearly numbered.
- Deadline to submit your entry form is Monday, Dec. 20th at MIDNIGHT Eastern time.
- Winner will be notified and announced by Thursday, Dec. 23rd. (Happy Holidays!)
Questions for The Return:
1a: Katherine claims that Stefan is the reason she is back in Mystic Falls. How many times does she say his name in the episode?
1b: What is Uncle John’s hospital room number?
1c: How many trinkets are on the coffee table when Mason enters the study to talk to Tyler?
Questions for Brave New World:
2a: What three items does Elena need to get more of from the Science club?
2b: Four different colors of balloons can be seen throughout the carnival. What are they?
2c: What stuffed animal is on the table when Damon approaches Elena after being pushed by Caroline?
Everyone is subject to these rules and guidelines, whether they read them or not.
If you have problems with any of the comments posted, flag them to bring them to our attention. You can do this by hovering your mouse over the comment so the 'flag' link appears. You're also welcome to contact us to let us know about any problems.
Do not flag comments you just disagree with - it wastes moderator time. The flagging system is not there to give a post a thumbs down, it's there for genuine problems.
Be excellent to each other.